• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

dinted voice

Reaction score
According to his last post he should be back next week. I also have an MTM order pending, but with both Tim and Rick gone I will have to wait.

Tim did tell me that denim should be soon available for MTM. We can only hope lightweight OCBD will follow. Wide-stripe linen-cotton won't be available anytime soon (Rick estimates a couple months) due to some finishing issues.
So the RTW wide stripe is still a couple months out? I was waiting to place an order so I could snag one of those as well.

varsityreds0123

Reaction score
Finally made the trip last week from Montreal to Toronto to get measured.

I can’t say enough about the guys working there. Timothy and Amit are awesome guys, and - pardon the language, but - they know their s**t. Left as a customer for life.

I commissioned a POW flannel suit in Dugdale fabric, which should turn out fantastic. I’ll post pictures of the final product when it arrives.

hpreston

Reaction score
They say 4-6 weeks, but it's more like 7-8 for me.

I wonder if this is because I specify anal collar specs, and ask for things like one piece collar(not a true cooper collar), cocktail cuffs, cuff depth etc.

If this is the case, it should be specified on the website that such requests can add time to the order.
I think you might be wearing your shirts wrong ;-)

Hayden Schrapel

Reaction score
I only own a Washington fit tuxedo, but I took a 42L and the pants fit with a hem and very light taper.

For Spier and Mackay I prefer contemporary, primarily for the rise. I own and can wear a 34 slim high rise, but much prefer a 35 contemporary taken in 2 inches in the waist. Your results may vary but I have always considered myself a pretty normally built 6’2 185 who would reach for a slim in other brands, so hope that helps.
So - in short - don't go for the high waist slim?

dhizzy123

Reaction score
Hi everyone. This is my first post on this site. I had some bad luck with Suitsupply trying to get my size right. I normally take a 38L and tried that in their Napoli fit, which fit fine in most aspects (shoulder is a tad extended but I don't mind as it drapes cleanly), but the sleeves are comically short. Probably need 2 inches to look right and can't do that with functional buttons. I'm considering trying S&M as they do carry a 38L in one of their contemporary fit suits. Are the size charts accurate? I got burned by SS's size charts on the sleeve length. Does anyone own a 40L contemporary and have the sleeve length measurement? I assume it'd be no more than .5 inches longer than a 38L.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. This is my first post on this site. I had some bad luck with Suitsupply trying to get my size right. I normally take a 38L and tried that in their Napoli fit, which fit fine in most aspects (shoulder is a tad extended but I don't mind as it drapes cleanly), but the sleeves are comically short. Probably need 2 inches to look right and can't do that with functional buttons. I'm considering trying S&M as they do carry a 38L in one of their contemporary fit suits. Are the size charts accurate? I got burned by SS's size charts on the sleeve length. Does anyone own a 40L contemporary and have the sleeve length measurement? I assume it'd be no more than .5 inches longer than a 38L.
Seemed accurate to me but there are variances of a couple centimeters here and there. I find the sleeves to be relatively long, personally.

dhizzy123

Reaction score
Hmm. The SS sleeve measurement I took was 25 inches on a 38L jacket, which is either a factory error or bad pattern making. Should be at least 26 inches to be considered a long size sleeve. Does S&M's 38L hit around 26 inches?

SchachMundialECapital

Reaction score

weissmenswear

Reaction score
I have the same issue with SS but in their 40R... sleeves are just too damn short and tailoring those functional sleeves costs so much that you end up in MTM land pretty quickly. I own four Spier jackets and a suit and first off, their OTR sleeve length is a good half inch longer than SS, and then with the non functioning buttons, I can easily get my tailor to bring them out another half inch for about $35-40. Love the Spier and Mackay sportcoats. Often you’ll find the exact same fabrics as SS and the construction quality is right on par, so for the money, and those of us with slightly longer than normal arms, nothing touches Spier and Mackay right now.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.