• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

bnd6xc

Reaction score
Hmm... I've been eyeballing the cigar linen suit in my size, but there's only a slim available (really left it quite late). I enjoy the slim jacket, so no questions there, but the trousers is my worry. I haven't purchased S&M trousers before, but have read copiously here that contemporary is the way to go if you want a good silhouette. In saying that, I compared the measurements of the slim high waisted trousers to my best fitting suitsupply Washington trousers, and there's hardly a difference? My no means are my Washington trousers hugging my legs, on the contrary they have a fantastic drape (luck I suppose with the inconsistencies of suitsupply). In saying that, the rule of thumb seems to be to go contemporary, but the size chart speaks otherwise?
I only own a Washington fit tuxedo, but I took a 42L and the pants fit with a hem and very light taper.

For Spier and Mackay I prefer contemporary, primarily for the rise. I own and can wear a 34 slim high rise, but much prefer a 35 contemporary taken in 2 inches in the waist. Your results may vary but I have always considered myself a pretty normally built 6’2 185 who would reach for a slim in other brands, so hope that helps.

MrAmbrose

Reaction score
For those who have the cream linen jacket, how do you pair it?
- As a suit with the cream linen trousers and green bengal cotton/linen shirt
- Jacket with med brown sondrio trousers
- jacket with blue trousers
- jacket with lighter jeans and a polo or ocbd or olive linen shirt
- jacket with khakis and a blue stripe shirt
- jacket with olive trousers and a gray shirt...

Etc etc

abantigen

Reaction score
First impressions on the lightweight oxford shirts.

It's a lot lighter and cooler wearing than the regular OCBD but it has a lot more sheen (especially the white) which makes it look like a button-down poplin shirt from distance. I'm hoping this improves with a wash because it's a bit awkward to pair with chinos in a very casual outfit without a jacket.

A OCBD at this weight that retains the casual texture and hearty feel is probably too good to be true.

DFWWingnut

Reaction score
First impressions on the lightweight oxford shirts.

It's a lot lighter and cooler wearing than the regular OCBD but it has a lot more sheen (especially the white) which makes it look like a button-down poplin shirt from distance. I'm hoping this improves with a wash because it's a bit awkward to pair with chinos in a very casual outfit without a jacket.

A OCBD at this weight that retains the casual texture and hearty feel is probably too good to be true.
Has anyone heard from Rick or S&M about the availability of these in MTM. I’ve asked via SF and email but never heard back. Unfortunately OTR doesn’t work for me reliably.

exfalso

Reaction score
Has anyone heard from Rick or S&M about the availability of these in MTM. I’ve asked via SF and email but never heard back. Unfortunately OTR doesn’t work for me reliably.
According to his last post he should be back next week. I also have an MTM order pending, but with both Tim and Rick gone I will have to wait.

Tim did tell me that denim should soon be available for MTM. We can only hope lightweight OCBD will follow. Wide-stripe linen-cotton won't be available anytime soon (Rick estimates a couple months) due to some finishing issues.

Last edited:

gavrarabba

Reaction score
speaking of MTM - I've never tried S&M MTM. What's normal turnaround time order to delivery?

JFK-esque

Reaction score
Remind me: the solid Olive linen shirts did the sleeves shrink drastically or were they cut extra long? I remember some issues with the solid linen shirts

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Remind me: the solid Olive linen shirts did the sleeves shrink drastically or were they cut extra long? I remember some issues with the solid linen shirts
I have one and have not worn it yet, but I don't remember the sleeves being any longer than usual when I tried it on out of box.

FlyingHorker

Reaction score
speaking of MTM - I've never tried S&M MTM. What's normal turnaround time order to delivery?
They say 4-6 weeks, but it's more like 7-8 for me.

I wonder if this is because I specify anal collar specs, and ask for things like one piece collar(not a true cooper collar), cocktail cuffs, cuff depth etc.

If this is the case, it should be specified on the website that such requests can add time to the order.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.