• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

walkinginplace

Reaction score
Just picked up my first S&M Sportcoat and not sure if I got sizing right. Ordered a slim 38R and a slim 40R and I think I probably need a contemporary 38R (facepalm). Back is clean on both, but 38R feels a little snug while the 40R seems too big in the shoulders. Would appreciate any feedback regarding fit since y'all are the experts.

Slim 38R:

Slim 40R:

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked up my first S&M Sportcoat and not sure if I got sizing right. Ordered a slim 38R and a slim 40R and I think I probably need a contemporary 38R (facepalm). Back is clean on both, but 38R feels a little snug while the 40R seems too big in the shoulders. Would appreciate any feedback regarding fit since y'all are the experts.

Slim 38R:

View attachment 1186348

Slim 40R:

View attachment 1186349
I agree a 38R contemporary would work well. I have the same experiences with 38S and 40S, and 38 contemporary works well with only slimming the waist.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Slim 38R:

View attachment 1186348

Slim 40R:

View attachment 1186349
Unlucky guess, but good eye: I think 38R contemp is your size.

drfwtx

Reaction score
The brown looks very reddish. Is this due to the lighting?
Probably lighting, if you were to see it in person, you would say it’s brown. It definitely has a rusty brown look to it, but that’s probably because it’s a lighter brown and the way it is woven.

pmestrad

Reaction score
Anyone have thoughts/impressions of the tropical weight trousers/suit? Think it would be useful as a workhorse suit or would it fall apart due to the light weight of it?

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw an ad on instagram for S&M shoes - and there were some chocolate suede wingtips. Any word on release date and price range for these? They look great.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.