1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. The Heat

The Heat Active Member

I just received my first order from S&M (navy contemporary fit suit). Overall very pleased with the fit and materials. There are several areas with sloppy/frayed stitching however, and a strange track of indentations along the inside and edge of the left lapel (mostly covered when wearing, but not completely).
    Can anyone enlighten, is this abnormal for S&M and should be exchanged, or par for the course and should be lived with or returned for refund? Thanks.

2. spiermackay

spiermackay Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Sloppy stitches is not normal at all. Send me a pm with your order number and we'll get you a return label for an exchange. The stitches under the lapel are basting stitches that are normally invisible. They should never show on the face of the jacket though. Send it back to us and we'll get you a new one.

3. nickrut

nickrut Senior member

I saw you mention things coming in 48, will that include 48L by chance?

4. bossman08

bossman08 Senior member

5. Spex

Spex Senior member

A box pleat traditionally accompanies a button-down collar, as both are casual options. Spread collar shirts should not have box pleats. However, I have decided that any custom button down collar shirts I order will be with a plain back, just like the older Kamakura OCBDs. I do prefer a plain back, but it's not a deal breaker if I find a button down collar casual shirt that I like.

6. CMAc7

CMAc7 Senior member

Rick,

I was looking at some of the MTM fabrics from a few months ago. I am looking to have a mid-blue summer suit made up like the shade below:

[​IMG]

How close to this shade is the below in real life? Do you have any of this left?

Medium Blue Sharkskin - 10005 169/5
    Super 110's - 265 gsm
    [​IMG]

7. kopo

kopo Well-Known Member

@spiermackay Is there anyway to take advantage of the Warehouse sale online or by phone?

8. spiermackay

Not really unfortunately. A lot of the merchandise is not online. It's a cash and carry deal as well. We can't put resources to picking/packing orders for this.

The only reason we put the email blast out to everyone is that we have a lot of customers who are not from the Toronto area who are constantly passing through. Gives them an opportunity if they are in the area.

9. spiermackay

That Mashburn suit is fantastic. The colour on my monitor is pretty close to reality. It's not as bright as the Mashburn, but it certainly is brighter and lighter than a navy.

10. spiermackay

no L on this round. We are just introducing the 48 in limited stock to see how the overall fit works. After we get that feedback, we'll roll out L sizes.

11. spiermackay

Here are 5 fabrics of the 24 new suits for fall.

From left to right: Indigo puppytooth, charcoal gray overcheck, azure blue POW, denim blue speckled (not showing up properly in the image, but has flecks of red in it), charcoal gray speckled solid (tweed look, but not as heavy)

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. zinc2162

zinc2162 Senior member

Some excellent choices

13. spiermackay

They actually look a lot better than that phone pic. Really fantastic collection this coming FW.

14. Spex

Spex Senior member

Any tweedy grey sport coats coming up in that F/W sport coat line-up?

15. jamie411

jamie411 Senior member

Nice looking options!

Would still love to see you offer swatches or a fabric book for your OTR fabrics. It would be awesome to see the fabric in person and handle it.

16. Otte

Otte Member

Rick, are there any more "restocks" to these warehouse sale or is everything out in shelves today already?

17. spiermackay

There is a wool/cashmere herringbone in a lighter gray that has a "tweed" look, but is not tweed. That is the closest I know at the moment.

Good idea. We've looked into that but nothing concrete at the moment. You can request swatches, if we have stock in the warehouse and we can spare a cutting, we can send it. Sometimes we have a metre lying around that we can cut from. Sometimes we have a 10" x 10" cutting, which we can't.

Not really. Just doing some spring cleaning of samples, seconds, overstocks and odds/ends. Pretty much everything is out.

18. Otte

Otte Member

There are some really beautiful sporstcoats in odd sizes with interesting features. I would recommend anyone to visit and try your luck. Makes me wish I was more of an average sized man.

19. spiermackay

Any particular fabrics you guys are looking for in Spring/Summer suiting or jackets? Fabics and/or colours/patterns?

20. vespertiliovir

vespertiliovir Active Member

FWIW, I'd love a summer gun check and a bottle green linen

2 people like this.