SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. murdochmysterie

murdochmysterie Member

You can. Had great help on Monday getting some adjustments made.
    I believe Jason was the staff member that helped me out.

2. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

I've been washing and drying my OCBDs and they've shrunk a bit. Not a ton, but just wanted to give the heads up to the new OCBD owners. I believe they shrunk in my favor and I'll continue to wash and dry for a more casual fit.

Totally agreed with the above post on more varied patterns for fall. Or more varied in general.

3. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

I have successfully shrunk SM shirts in the dryer to fit a bit better for me. I used to MTM until my wife (dryer nazi) cooked a few too small.

I now dryclean all my proper shirts.

I also second @Burzan suggestions. What makes those shirts look better is the buttons. If you could source some horn, urea, or horn looking buttons for the casual pieces I would very much like it.

Could use them on the flannels for fall, chambray, denim (if you get any), linens, etc... Light and dark brown

4. spiermackay

spiermackay Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

I'll try to get that up tomorrow.

We can sell the Hangars if needed. We don't have a whole tonne of extras kicking around, but we have a few. Email customer service and they will get you the details.

The new oxfords have the "old" button stance. The button down collar prevents the collar from opening too much when unbuttoned, so we were able to shift if back. The dress shirts are at the new raised stance. As explained, this allows to wear the shirt with the collar and first button unbuttoned without showing too much chest. This is how a good majority of European brands stance their buttons. Eton and Turnbull & Asser are two that come to mind right off the bat.

Yes Sir.

Well noted on expanding the variety. This program is in its infancy and we have room to do a lot of great things.

The new oxford fabric was tested and has a shrinkage of only 1.5%.

5. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

So what is coming in terms of chino's?

6. redbeardedmike

redbeardedmike Active Member

Rick, I understand your reasoning for placing the button where you do, but it doesn't work for me (so I guess the other shirt makers would not work either). Two undone buttons shows more chest than I want. The higher 2nd button placement means that 1 undone is way too high and tight.

This means I can't see myself buying any more off the rack dress shirts. I'm assuming the button placement can be modified in custom.

7. Lancaster

Lancaster Senior member

Rick,

Just wanted to throw in support for the new button stance. I like it and find it very practical. Your manner in handling feedback of all types is commendable. If you weren't so good at what you do, I'd suggest having a go in politics.

Also, I recently placed an order and I was astounded at the speed and ease of communication and the way customer service handled issues with the order. Very impressed. Tight ship you guys are running.

Lan

8. UserNameToronto

UserNameToronto Senior member

It's been on my list to visit the main shop for 2+ years. Given you're in the 905 that hasn't happened and likely never will. Can't wait for the downtown shop to be opened. I have several threadbare pair of trou I'm waiting to replace.

9. RaggedyDandy

RaggedyDandy Senior member

They are close to the airport, so not really all that far out of the city. Probably 25 minute drive on a Saturday morning.

10. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

You guys in Toronto kill me... How is Mississauga too far? You are unable to get to Mississauga in 2 years, and likely never will? I think I might have walked my dog further once..

11. UserNameToronto

UserNameToronto Senior member

I don't really get north of Bloor. After 2 years of telling myself to take a 30min drive out there, it hasn't happened yet.

LOL - true though. Round trip including time to try on clothes would be 2 hours...which is time I'd rather spend in my own neighborhood with my sprog.

Just being honest - weekends are precious. Looking forward to popping into the 416 S&M location at a lunch break.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016

12. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

13. RaggedyDandy

RaggedyDandy Senior member

It's hard to disagree with this, though I would have to add decent lunch spots as well. My office park in Mississauga is a complete and utter wasteland on both fronts.

But I digress...

14. Chambertin

Chambertin Senior member

There's a reason there isn't a 'Ultimate Mississauga thread' [​IMG]

In all seriousness, I haven't been either, because it's a long way to go specifically, and I've never been in the area on a day/time they're open.

15. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

I'm in Markham and I guess since I'm used to driving. 30 mins doesn't really bother me, but I can see the city guys having an issue.

Oh and for those who happen to go on Saturday. I find that you either go really early or after 2.30pm. Otherwise it's pretty busy.