1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. drfwtx

drfwtx Senior Member

I'm not an expert, it's just the go to recommendation. The standard. I actually got a more expensive one, but you'll hear many stories about how if you buy one and don't lose it, you'll never need to replace it. And it is a great way to care for garments, as lint rollers, though convenient, can do damage over the long term. As another person said, they generally make high quality combs/brushes. I used comb for my own (thinning, unfortunately) hair and I noticed a nice craftsmanship and quality of materials (like reduced static, easy to clean, etc.)

2. Identity Crisis

Identity Crisis Senior Member

Totally agree. My minnis grey fresco trousers come in today and a few other things next week, I’ll definitely post some crappy iPhone pics

3. jmacan911

jmacan911 Member

4. dluce76

dluce76 Senior Member

FYI going to send them back Monday.

Sherry found a spare pair of 38C minnis fresco trousers so I get the whole suit!

5. dluce76

dluce76 Senior Member

Looks grey on my phone. Bad phone? Or more greyish than light blue?

6. jmacan911

jmacan911 Member

It is light blue. Artificial light probably makes it look more grey.

7. omgitswes

omgitswes Senior Member

One more. Can't wait for the MTO to go live because I think i would like it an inch or two longer. Pretty excited to wear it this spring though

IMG_7893.jpg

8. jtorres94

jtorres94 Distinguished Member

Agreed , I personally like a longer fit so this looks a bit too short to me. Was there no Long option in your size?

Still beautiful jacket choice!

9. omgitswes

omgitswes Senior Member

That is a Long lol. I'm about 6'4", if I were any taller I don't think I could wear any of their jackets OTR. This is about the shortest I'd go, it at least covers my butt :)

10. hrv123

hrv123 Senior Member

Received the minnis fresco suit Tuesday. Very happy with it for the price.

A3E2B279-C69F-457A-AD4F-5D18AD10062A.jpeg

11. Burzan

Burzan Distinguished Member

Looks like a nice pick up, thanks for sharing the real life pic

Dang that's clean looking

12. Spencerism

Spencerism Member

Received the Bottoli Brown Mix Slub, to my eye more of a mid brown and I'm damn well pleased! A quick outdoor pic:

bott_brown.jpg

13. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Distinguished Member

Though it's already been settled, IEG's hopsack is most definitely NOT the Neo (I think it's Filarte fabric?) Hopsack. Far brighter. I'd actually really dig a Neo version in that shade.
    Kirby is a super nice dude, and, though some of his other wares are obscenely overpriced (like the brushes lol), I don't think his hanger are THAT egregious, relative to the competition.

14. jtorres94

jtorres94 Distinguished Member

Haha, well I feel dumb now.

But hey as long as you're happy with the fit that's the most important thing. It's going to be a great jacket to wear this summer.

15. jdp234

jdp234 Senior Member

Seriously, there's a lot of *~*~mystery bespoke~*~* floating around Instagram that looks wayyyy worse.