• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Mr. Wonderbeak

Reaction score
I got a notification on my polos. I switched sizes with Customer Services a few days ago, and that’s not reflected on my notification. Hopefully the updated size is in the box.

Waiting on my frescos still.

dluce76

Reaction score
I just touched base with Sherry about the vbcs you are sending back! Got my dibs on them!
Hope you don't have to send back the minnis 46 jacket.
Haha you really want these!

FYI they came VERY wrinkled so you'll need to steam them.

jdp234

Reaction score
Linen suit received. Will likely be a keeper. @spiermackay advice on dealing with shipping wrinkles? Does steaming by a shower work on linen, or do I need to get it pressed?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Linen suit received. Will likely be a keeper. @spiermackay advice on dealing with shipping wrinkles? Does steaming by a shower work on linen, or do I need to get it pressed?
It's linen. Wear it, it's going to wrinkle anyways. Shower steam won't work too well. It's not like a worsted wool.

feelufo

Reaction score
Leave it hanging for a day or two. Some of the wrinkles will give with gravity especially with the weight of this minnis linen. If you're still tempted to press it afterwards this may not be the fabric for you.

jdp234

Reaction score
No I know it'll wrinkle and rumple with normal wear. It's just got some weird hard creases from shipping (in places that don't usually wrinkle w/ linen garments, like vertically down the the sleeves and across the lapels).

kammerer66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's linen. Wear it, it's going to wrinkle anyways. Shower steam won't work too well. It's not like a worsted wool.
Leave it hanging for a day or two. Some of the wrinkles will give with gravity especially with the weight of this minnis linen. If you're still tempted to press it afterwards this may not be the fabric for you.
Wear wrinkles and shipping creases are very different. I suggest using a clothes steamer to get rid of the latter.

jdp234

Reaction score
LOL the factory stitched (rather than basted) the pockets shut again.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No I know it'll wrinkle and rumple with normal wear. It's just got some weird hard creases from shipping (in places that don't usually wrinkle w/ linen garments, like vertically down the the sleeves and across the lapels).
Stuff the sleeves with a towel or something to prevent the material from laying flat then put your linen sheets over the suit cloth and iron with steam on high.

I wouldn't directly iron the lapels ever. Just leave hanging and try a little shower steam to lighten the crease.

Besides that, the natural wrinkles you get from wear will hide the wrinkles from the shipping.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha you really want these!

FYI they came VERY wrinkled so you'll need to steam them.
No worries. They’re going straight to my tailor for hemming. He always presses them for me.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.