• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sdig14

Reaction score
I also got the grey fresco in 34 contemporary to try, so will let you know if they do not work for me.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just recieved my first S&M suit. I went with 33 contemporary trousers. They fit fine but will require a 1-2 cm nip in the waist.

Im planning on buying a suit with the high rise trousers. Which trouser size should i request?

@spiermackay do you recommend the same size for normal and high rise trousers or should the high rise be one number smaller given they are closer to the natural waist line?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I just recieved my first S&M suit. I went with 33 contemporary trousers. They fit fine but will require a 1-2 cm nip in the waist.

Im planning on buying a suit with the high rise trousers. Which trouser size should i request?

@spiermackay do you recommend the same size for normal and high rise trousers or should the high rise be one number smaller given they are closer to the natural waist line?

Same. They are not significantly higher.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know one member received his but has anyone else who preordered the new Minnis suits received shipping confirmation? Just curious

I got the grey fresco minnis with both 34 and 33 contemp. (Bought separately)
If the 34s don’t work I’ll let you know
I got the OOS email for 33 contemp...followed by the 34 contemp. Trying 34 slim. If you end up with a spare 34 contemp I might be interested if the slim doesn't work out

pmestrad

Reaction score
Can someone post pics of the blue bottoli jacket with brown check pattern and the blue mix slub jacket once they receive it? Very interested in them and would like to see pics. Thanks!

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go with a 35 and nip it in. You may actually like the extra leg room.

Wait, so how much wider is the leg opening and thigh width on a 33 than a 32 in contemporary? I ask because I’ve commented in the past that the 32 contemporary is right on the verge of too slim for my liking

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the OOS email for 33 contemp...followed by the 34 contemp. Trying 34 slim. If you end up with a spare 34 contemp I might be interested if the slim doesn't work out
That seems a bit frustrating. Wonder if the trousers ever get removed from the suits by the shipping department so if i ordered my normal suit size, i wouldn't get the matching trousers.

Identity Crisis

Reaction score
Can someone post pics of the blue bottoli jacket with brown check pattern and the blue mix slub jacket once they receive it? Very interested in them and would like to see pics. Thanks!

I got the blue with brown check, will probably be here Monday and I’ll post some pics

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That seems a bit frustrating. Wonder if the trousers ever get removed from the suits by the shipping department so if i ordered my normal suit size, i wouldn't get the matching trousers.
I know they order extra trousers, so I assume they only pull trouser swaps from those separates and never scavenge a complete suit.

That's what I get for waffling for a week before finally ordering!

jdp234

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stupid USPS promising me delivery of the linen suit today then showing delays :(

omgitswes

Reaction score
Stupid USPS promising me delivery of the linen suit today then showing delays :(

Same here, must have been an issue somewhere. I have a couple deliveries from different places that were supposed to be delivered today and USPS is stating there's a delay. I know in Alabama we're expecting pretty bad weather today, wonder if that's why

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know they order extra trousers, so I assume they only pull trouser swaps from those separates and never scavenge a complete suit.

That's what I get for waffling for a week before finally ordering!
I ordered mine within minutes of it appearing online, so hopefully that gives me some kind of advantage, haha.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads