1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. spiermackay

spiermackay Senior member Affiliate Vendor

This is a short term promo. We've run it in tbe past a couple of years ago with great success. It will go back to the 3 shirt bundle once this ends.

2. gbandi

gbandi Senior member

CT does a 3 for $100 which is much better. I would buy 5 if we had more options in my size. But if you already have a good stock, buying 5 for $200 is a bigger investment. If mix/match was an option, I would easily buy 2 polo, 2 shirt and 1 trouser!!

3. Wrenkin

Wrenkin Senior member

CDN$100 ?

4. Burke

Burke Well-Known Member

Already missed the linen in my size (again).

Doesn't look like there is even any white and blue to go custom.

Is a custom white and blue possible Rick?

5. spiermackay

Just to be clear, we are priced in CAD. So essentially, a $40 CAD shirt is approx. $32 USD, not to mention the detailing of our shirts we feel are superior to CT. Full Single needle stitching, pattern matching, real shell buttons, high stitch count, Wendler interlining. We feel that the overall value of our shirts is better.

If it were just a matter of price, we could change our buttons to acrylic, drop our stitching to 14-16 spi, stop the pattern matching and close the shirt with a double needle chain stitch. Doing this, our shirt would essentially be the same as a CT shirt and we could sell those for about $27 USD when doing a bundle deal like we are now, but that's not who we are.

It can be argued, that CT may be the better deal on price, but not the better deal in total Value, and that has been our goal from day 1. Be the best Value as possible. :)

2 people like this.
  6. spiermackay

Check back later today. We're going to transfer our Downtown store inventory to online. We cut a ton more, I honestly can't believe they sold this fast.

I'll have to check on the custom

7. linds_15

linds_15 Senior member

does this mean downtown won't be getting in a supply? I was looking to just go pick it up in store when they arrived

8. gbandi

gbandi Senior member

Rick,
    I wasn't commenting on the quality. I do believe your quality is better which is why I have bought 10 of yours in the last year compared to 3 of CT shirts. I was commenting on the multi buy deals where it is easier to pick up 3 shirts vs 5 shirts...

9. spiermackay

They will be there, we're just adding to the inventory. As we just opened the DT store, inventory turns are not quite where they need to be. If inventory sits, it's burning money. Better to offer it up through a channel where it will turn faster as well.

Linen will be delivered to the shop after 3 pm today.

10. spiermackay

No worries, I just wanted to make it clear for others that are reading.

As mentioned before, this is just a weekly promo. The 3 shirt deal will be back after this one ends.

11. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Hey Rick,

Just want to confirm the chinos are still set for next week. Also, what colours will be available?

12. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

I love the 5 shirt bundle, my only issue is finding 5 button down collar shirts in stock all at once since I do not have a need for spread collars. When the linens were first in, the madras wasn't out yet (thanks for holding my order until the madras came out btw). When the madras was in, the linen was sold out. Linen is back in stock but madras is sold out. New cotton/linen coming but the new oxfords not in yet.

Which reminds me Rick, we need more button down collar shirts. Lightweight chambrays (and regular weight for fall/winter), seersuckers, oxford ginghams and tattersals, solid & plaid flannels again for fall, maybe a denim shirt...

2 people like this.
  13. Smitty2k1

Smitty2k1 Senior member

What is an appropriate tie width for your contemporary fit suits? 3"?

14. jamie411

jamie411 Senior member

Rick,
    The website has been majorly lagging today - I've been trying to place an order from work earlier and now from home. Not sure if anyone else has had issues...

On an unrelated note, to get the custom shirts at bundle price, you have to order multiple custom shirts? It doesn't apply if you have a mix of some custom and some OTR?

15. KaleidoscopicK

KaleidoscopicK Senior member

I'm not Rick, but I can tell you that you'll need to order three custom shirts at minimum to obtain the $20 discount for each one.

16. linds_15

linds_15 Senior member

dropped by the downtown shop and picked up a white linen button down and a white linen-cotton blend. as always a great experience with the staff and the shirts were great as i had expected.

17. KaleidoscopicK

KaleidoscopicK Senior member

Since we're on the topic of linens, do you guys tend to wear your linen shirts tucked or untucked? My first inclination is to wear it untucked (as it's the kind of shirt that leans casual) and the 15.5 Slim covers my buttocks entirely. At that length & given the shirt design, I'd be more inclined to tuck it in.

18. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Length hits me at a great spot, I have worn them both tucked and untucked. Wore the light blue untucked today actually.

19. Johnsson

Johnsson Senior member

I tuck every standard shirt regardless of material, but I suppose it would depend on the shirt's configuration.

On a separate note, how are you guys finding S&M's pattern matching? I ordered a MTM shirt last year, and while the sizing came out pretty well, the attention to detail wasn't great. The pocket lined up awkwardly, doubling the gingham pattern, and parts that I requested not be fused were fused. To their credit they offered to fix it, but I wanted to keep it to base future adjustments off of. I still get some use out of it.

20. wheresbrando

wheresbrando Member

Question about sizing: a 16 slim fits me extremely well, save for some pulling at the buttons when I draw my shoulders back and my chest sticks out a little. Moving to a 16 contemporary gives me an extra 1.5in in the chest- is this added fabric split evenly around the entire shirt or just added to the "front" of the shirt (aka the chest).

I'd like to try the different cut to remedy this button pulling issue (especially evident on the linens), but wondering if I'll probably have to tailor a contemporary to slim it down and maybe add back darts. I am a slim fit, just need a little bit more give in the chest.

Kind of a weird question but any responses are appreciated.