1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Ezio

Ezio Senior Member

My green overcoat is at the tailor, I'll have better images of it next week

Baller.

2. Epicure

Epicure Senior Member

Sure, it sounds like your approach to your particular context means you like to mix up your shirting much more than I do. I'm not opposed to the idea, and can appreciate a plethora of approaches to dressing. When it comes to my approach, I find that ample diversity is available even within self-imposed constraints of using a pale blue shirt as a canvas 90% of the time.

For what it's worth, I find that because I've spent a good bit of time on this forum over the last 5+ years, some of the old hand advice resonates in such a way that I begin to adopt it almost subconsciously. Often advice that is originally ignored or taken with very large doses of salt, is later returned to via my own practice. I rediscover for myself that a certain old hand was giving particularly valuable advice all along, but that I just didn't see it for what it was the first time around.

Every now and then, a new post will prompt me to reflect on some old advice, and a post in such a vein as my previous one is the natural result of that reflection. If it prompts others to comment in turn, and share their thoughts, that's always welcome. Notably my prior post about blue shirts inspired some comments that I found neither entertaining, nor enlightening, nor worthwhile engaging with. You get all kinds of people on SF, just as you do in every walk of life. Some people draw you, and some repel, whether the conversation is face-to-face, or online. And just like in most walks of life, everybody here on SF has the choice to engage, or not engage, with any given conversation.

Apologies, I've digressed once more from your original question. My own position on the matter of washing white shirts with patterns is that in most instances you needn't get too hung up on separating everything 100% correctly. But where possible, wash like or similar with like or similar, where practical. For example, it would be both time consuming and wasteful of resources to machine wash 1 or 2 shirts per cycle simply for the sake of separating shirts with red stripes from those with brown or blue stripes, etc. From a common sense approach, ask yourself this: "If the stripes don't affect the white part of the same shirt, what is the chance that a white shirt with different coloured stripes, or a solid pale shirt for that matter, will be harmed by washing together with the first shirt?"

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019

3. jamie411

jamie411 Senior Member

I think they’re fairly warm. They seem to have a slightly brushed texture on the inside which makes them conducive to cooler weather, in my opinion. They’re also very comfortable.

I have the brown (sadly no pics) but I’d say it’s nowhere close to burnt orange. It’s a solid medium brown. I really like it.

4. Torzano

Torzano Senior Member

Man I thought shirts lasted a little longer than other items on the website. I need a white shirt and saw the new fine white twill. It’s already out in my size. Every other white shirt with a spread collar is also out in my size. Any chance of a restock or new white shirts coming out?

5. spiermackay

spiermackay Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Restock coming.

6. Identity Crisis

Identity Crisis Senior Member

7. jtorres94

jtorres94 Distinguished Member

I really don't need another brown suit but man this looks sooooo good

8. jdp234

jdp234 Senior Member

9. pickergc

pickergc Senior Member

10. dazedstate

dazedstate Distinguished Member

11. AGlorifiedCrew

AGlorifiedCrew Well-Known Member

This is absolutely going to be an amazing warm weather staple...Neo cut fits me the best out of all fits, so I'm SUPER excited to sport this.

12. Thilgela

Thilgela Senior Member

Is this Neo? The jetted pockets look so neat.

13. cunning47

cunning47 Senior Member

Tbh, I can’t tell. The lapels look like the Neo, but it appears to be a 2 button

14. Thilgela

Thilgela Senior Member

Yeah, that’s what I am thinking as well. The lapels look neo but the buttons don’t.

15. Ezio

Ezio Senior Member

Super nice. I already have the tobacco linen/wool herringbone from a few seasons ago otherwise I'd be super interested in this.

Waiting on the cigar linen anxiously