• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
******* eh. There are enough safe spaces in the world...no need for SF to become yet another, especially when the "offenders" in questions are hardly malicious.

It's a forum of 100% guys and I see some of the most soft hearted sensitive humans around in the history of browsing online. You don't like my pants? Well... sniff... I'll filter you.

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Seconded. So much human warmth to be found here if you can filter out the assholery and bigotry. No more Caustic or SJR or 7 rocket gumming up the respectful opinions and gorgeous sport coats.

I hope @Riva posts more pictures.

Before ya know it, you're not gonna have any posts left to read at all! ;)

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a forum of 100% guys and I see some of the most soft hearted sensitive humans around in the history of browsing online. You don't like my pants? Well... sniff... I'll filter you.
I agree (I think lol). Your style's a bit bold for me and others here, but something tells me you're not exactly devastated by it. Cheers for not giving a shite :cheers:

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree (I think lol). Your style's a bit bold for me and others here, but something tells me you're not exactly devastated by it. Cheers for not giving a shite :cheers:

Only we know what works in IRL to our target audiences where we're at ;) I've met SF members who called me names before IRL and we're all cool. None of these emo drama and hell secretly they agree with me in many things :D

SchachMundialECapital

Reaction score
Ah, I missed the Texas debate here. A lot of well-dressed gents in Houston, from my experience.

I guess I didn't know much at the time (I was just a random international student), but during my undergrad years at Rice U, I was really astonished how unpopular the sports teams were. We are talking attendances of 5k or less in a 80k stadium where JFK delivered his iconic speech "We choose to go to the Moon". Oh well, I guess there exists a "nerd" stereotype surrounding Rice grads. No class ring here, sadly.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve never received more positive comments on anything I’ve ever worn, I don’t think.

2DBC39B1-7965-4F77-8535-A745782DB771.jpeg

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome price point for the glasses - any dimensions available?

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, I missed the Texas debate here. A lot of well-dressed gents in Houston, from my experience.

I guess I didn't know much at the time (I was just a random international student), but during my undergrad years at Rice U, I was really astonished how unpopular the sports teams were. We are talking attendances of 5k or less in a 80k stadium where JFK delivered his iconic speech "We choose to go to the Moon". Oh well, I guess there exists a "nerd" stereotype surrounding Rice grads. No class ring here, sadly.

Eh, Rice is known for its sterling academics. A close friend of mine from high school (valedictorian of our class) had her pick of Ivy League schools and chose Rice over all of them.

That said, she went to Harvard for her masters and UC Berkeley for law, so she’s made the academic rounds.

Reaction score
The quality is top shelf. You’ll love the shirts. It was brave to buy three for your first order. You might find the fit needs tweaking, and instead of one close-but-not-quite-perfect shirt you’ll have three. Fingers crossed!

But yes, the quality will not disappoint. Each shirt is cut and sewn by one person, start to finish.

They make one first (4 week lead time) and then have me try it on for size. Then they make the following two (another 4 weeks lead time).

I'm not ballsy enough to just have 3 made all at once!

You also get a $20/shirt discount if you buy 3 or more...so I saved $60

Reaction score
The advice from old hands on SF would be, "Don't buy dark dress shirts. Problem solved. Thank you." But since you own them, keep light and dark separate.

For further explanation regarding the old hand advice provided, I qualify that I personally find a place for dark dress shirts in certain contexts. I own a few myself, but will be unlikely to buy them with any regularity, if at all, in the future. You certainly don't need them. In fact, all you really need are plain white and solid pale blue dress shirts. And unless you're dressed at levels of formality from black tie and above with any regularity, you go to a lot of funerals, or are an undertaker, you don't even need white shirts. As a conservative estimate, a solid pale blue dress shirt has you covered 90% of the time, though it's probably often a much higher proportion of occasions.

All your blue shirts could be clones of one another if you get the right shade and weave, which of course depends on your context. You can play around with weaves, nuances of shade, and styling in terms of collars and cuffs if some variety is desired.

Most of what I've stated (maybe all) is just recycled advice from old hands, in one form or another, and you may thank me if you wish, but credit really goes to those who've come before me. Or, since the advice was unsolicited, ignore my digression into the SF repository of ancient and partly accepted - but sometimes hotly contested - wisdom.

I feel like wearing blue shirts (and similar variances) for ~220 working days is a lot lol. I do around 50-60 presentations a year as well so I'll need to diversify my wardrobe a little.

For clarification, I don't wear plain white or plain black...white with patterns, different solid colours. Not sure if that makes a difference.

pmestrad

Reaction score
How warm/thick are the long sleeve polos? Anyone recommend the brown/burnt orange one? Any IRL pics? Thanks!

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How warm/thick are the long sleeve polos? Anyone recommend the brown/burnt orange one? Any IRL pics? Thanks!

I got a few last time. Same thickness as Uniqlo polos. Very similar in feel as well. Not very warm.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads