1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Eli Curt

Eli Curt Senior Member

Not to derail too far but I tried your Lands End model. I could barely fit my thighs in. They felt painted on.

The only one that works for me is Lee athletic cut. But the rise is still too low. If I don't wash them I can get them to stretch higher over a few months (this works better in the winter when I don't sweat).

2. spiermackay

spiermackay Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

So is that a hard order for 10k? If so, I can make this happen pretty quick. haha

3. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Stylish Dinosaur

Yet another reason to make these jeans: to keep Eli from continually giving himself a denim wedgie in a futile attempt to increase the rise of his jeans.

Yes. On credit though, right? :-D

4. madhat

madhat Distinguished Member

I agree. I have a pair of Levis 501STF. Only pair of denim I currently own. I believe they have a 12" rise in the 33x36 size; I quite like the rise on that pair.

5. mossrockss

mossrockss Distinguished Member

i tapered a pair of 501's myself recently.
    my workmanship was actually good enough to wear them with no turn ups. getting the hem right would require machines i don't have.
    that said—to all you menswear dudes looking for high rise just-perfectly-tapered jeans, i've been considering https://railcarfinegoods.com/collections/denim-services . About $60. Get a pair of shrink to fit 501's that fit in the hips and waist and have them taper to your exact, perfect specifications. should be about $100 all in.

6. WildBlueYonder

WildBlueYonder Active Member

Any plans on setting up shipping to Europe as well?

7. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Stylish Dinosaur

I'd have to size up to get the rise I want so I'd have to pay for leg tapering and a waist adjustment. That's $105 already plus the actual cost of the jeans which is around $50 to $75. For a little bit more money I could get Luxire to make me a pair to my measurements out of better denim than Levi's uses. Hardly seems worth it. But the lengths people are willing to go through to get a proper rise and taper should be indicative of the number of people looking for the right product.

8. pickergc

pickergc Senior Member

9. aj805

aj805 Senior Member

I have a 12" rise jeans pattern with them--agreed it is much cheaper and probably better quality denim than with LVC options.

I would put money on high-rise, full cut pants becoming a "thing" again in the mainstream in the very near future, and the options for such jeans will be many.

10. Patrick R

Patrick R Distinguished Member

My favorite, most worn jeans have an 11⅞” front rise for a 35½” waist (size 34) and 7¼” ankle.

11. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Distinguished Member

Yes! Finally, 1 of the 4 packages I'm still waiting from S&M, arrived yesterday. The E. Thomas rust check... a beauty!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Burzan

Burzan Distinguished Member

Great, now I’m really going to regret passing on this one. Begrudgingly looking forward to your pairings with it.

13. sargeinaz

sargeinaz Senior Member

@spiermackay Yes to mid rise jeans with a higher back rise (for example, a 10.5-11in front rise and 14.5in back rise with a mild taper to about a 7-7.25in inch hem for a waist size 32 inches). And be plain colors like a dark blue, medium blue and light blue without distressing. Especially medium and light blue without fading as that’s seemingly impossible to find. I would prefer no fading as that’s easier to wear smartly and a button fly (zipper Fly would still be ok as beggars can’t be choosers). I don’t care about selvedge. I’d be willing to spend 100-150 for this. Something like Anglo-Italians denim colors. I would be eternally greatful and buy a pair of each color if they were light, medium and dark wash.

14. FlyingHorker

FlyingHorker Senior Member

15. JustinW

JustinW Distinguished Member

High rise slim/contemp denim in dark indigo and white for around $100, please.

I ordered Ciano Farmer jeans in this fit in June and am still waiting on delivery.