• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay Technical question on the Neapolitan cut: when you say the lapel is 4" wide on a 40R, do you mean along the seam (red line below) or perpendicular to the bottom point of the notch (blue line below). Also, is the image below of a 40R suit? trying to figure out the proportionality for a 46R (is the lapel bigger for a 46R?)

ILdpjlZ.png

Technically measured perpendicular to the lapel rolled edge, so somewhere between the 2. Product pics are usually done on 38 contemporary samples.

Thilgela

Reaction score
Yes. But once a garment is altered it's not eligible for a return.

Great. Thanks for the confirmation! I am based in the U.S. So it doesn't really matter to me regarding return eligibility. Great to know this is possible!

feelufo

Reaction score
*sigh* I'm in the same boat. Didn't make so many orders though (gotta keep my wallet safe...). Chest size went up, waist stayed the same. I am 40 Slim no longer (tight). Neither am I a 42 Contemporary (too big). Might be 42 Slim? Dunno. Thinking MTM is the route for me.

S&M service is stellar.
Sounds like a lot of anticipation for online MTM! You may have luck with 42 slim though. It is definitely noticeable going between slim and contemporary.

I personally went from 32R to wearing 36R now. I'm probably more of a 35R but upper body is still broadening. Hopefully, I can stop before surpassing 36!

SchachMundialECapital

Reaction score
There's an apparent lack of data points surrounding the SM shoes. I pulled the trigger on a pair of black adelaides with the current sale. With the sizing advice on the website, I went for a size 7. Will report back on the fit of the last. Are there any pictures of the shoes in the wild? Haven't been able to find much, other than a Dappered review.

To aid fellow members, other sizes that I typically wear include:
7.5 E in AE 65
6 UK in Loake Capital
6 UK in Alfred Sargent
39 EU in Vass F

drfwtx

Reaction score
@spiermackay any chance of denim coming in 2019? If so, what part? Still looking for that jean with a slight taper, and an extra-medium rise (11.75-12 inch rise on a size 34 waist) that won't cost as much as a fine sport coat.

*Can't believe I just typed such a specific thing...I've been on styleforum too long.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Good God, high rise denim (I would consider a 12 inch front rise "high") with a tapered leg is a menswear unicorn. Much sought after, rarely found. Someone make this OTR and stop me from going to Luxire to have a pair made.

I can make it if people will buy it. I'll keep it less than $100 too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads