• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I find it incredibly enjoyable that you are better able to understand what I mean when I say "clothing enthusiasts participating on clothing boards buy different clothing than non clothing enthusiasts that do not participate on clothing boards and that the number of people that are clothing enthusiasts participating on clothing boards is a small subset of the number of people that are non clothing enthusiasts that do not participate on clothing boards" than when I say that the only dudes buying casual suits are weirdos on menswear forums.

It also makes you a weirdo.

The best clip of Sam is when he realized that by not wearing clothes he was nude.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have the rust and taupe being hemmed currently. Will be complete Saturday. The website for both is color accurate.

First purchase of SM chinos and holy heck are they comfortable.

I live in them when I travel. Just wait for 3 or 4 washes in. They will be butter soft.

coachcaseyd

Reaction score
I know this is off-topic, but I swear I am posting this here for a reason. I started a new job where I want to have a briefcase. I want it leather, high quality, with room for a laptop. Spier & Mackay appeals to me because of the incredible value- so I am looking for the SM-version of briefcase retailers. Since I don't want to hijack the thread any more than I already have, I'd greatly appreciate PMs with suggestions. Any ideas?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I know this is off-topic, but I swear I am posting this here for a reason. I started a new job where I want to have a briefcase. I want it leather, high quality, with room for a laptop. Spier & Mackay appeals to me because of the incredible value- so I am looking for the SM-version of briefcase retailers. Since I don't want to hijack the thread any more than I already have, I'd greatly appreciate PMs with suggestions. Any ideas?

Us in the second half of 2019. Maybe. Probably. Don't hold me to that. Haha. We've prototyped a couple of bags but hitting snags with production quantities.

dnugget

Reaction score

I just looked into this recently. Some options I looked into:
  • La Portegna Fat Carter
  • Linjer Briefcase
  • Faire Leather Briefcase
Would be interested in grabbing one if SM decided to make one too.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the rust and taupe being hemmed currently. Will be complete Saturday. The website for both is color accurate.

First purchase of SM chinos and holy heck are they comfortable.
Yeah they are great. Best bang for the buck in casual trousers out there. Please post pics when you get them back

Identity Crisis

Reaction score
@spiermackay

Can we expect to start seeing some
S/S peeks by the beginning of next month?

Also have you consider doing a rough timeline, just like start to finish (or just start) of the S/S drops? I know the downsides and why you wouldn’t want to do this.

Both of those thing would help some of us IE me save/plan for purchases

Obviously we’re at your mercy but just curious

kerouacbum

Reaction score
Us in the second half of 2019. Maybe. Probably. Don't hold me to that. Haha. We've prototyped a couple of bags but hitting snags with production quantities.

If you guys could make a version of the Saddleback Flight Bag that's about 3 inches wider so I can fit legal files in it, I would pre-order that so hard...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads