1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. pmestrad

pmestrad Senior Member

Hey guys, have an abraham moon green tweed jacket NWT in 38R contemporary that I would be willing to sell for cost +S/H. Otherwise, will return it but wanted to offer it to you guys first. Message me if any interest.

2. emptym

emptym Moderator Moderator

Were either of them named Eric Glennie by any chance?

3. ULCajun

ULCajun Senior Member

Anyone interested in navy moleskin trousers in 34 contemp let me know!
    Still unhemmed

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019

4. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Distinguished Member

Uhhh if they were in other color I would have grabbed them. Anything else in 34 Contemporary? :bigstar:

5. jje126

jje126 New Member

Like an overzealous dope I snipped the tags on a pair of 38R contemporary fit sport coats. I usually go 38R slim and didn't expect going a step up would make much of a difference, but I think they fit too large in the sleeves, waist, and chest. I'd rather unload them than get them tailored. Angelico navy hopsack and VBC blue/brown guncheck. $175 each or $300 for both. I'll cover shipping!

6. trailer36

trailer36 Senior Member

This is both accurate and hilarious. What a nice throwback

7. claytonwhittaker

claytonwhittaker New Member

AD4F07F3-055C-4C97-9A6C-C8811F673C62.png Long time lurker on the Spier and Mackay thread. I’ve literally read through every post and check in at least once a day. Was wearing all Spier and Mackay today so my girlfriend suggested I make a post. Pants and shirt are ‘17 I believe, green jacket and shoes from this year. Sorry for the poor quality. Picture was taken in the parking lot of the Midwestern Grain Salesmans Association. Keep up the great work Spier you guys are awesome.

PS if anyone wants the ‘17 Brown Donegal Abraham Moon Sports coat in 44 message me. Unworn, still with vent, tag and pocket stitching as it came. Will ship with the box, hanger, plastic bag, and suit bag it came with. It’s a great coat but doesn’t go well with my Windsor knots. If you’re wondering what it looks like Burzanblog and afterthesuit have some great pictures with it. I paid $330 but best offer can have it even if it’s a lowball. Shipping included for domestic US.

8. James1051

James1051 Distinguished Member

:cheers:

9. Omega Male

Omega Male Senior Member

You guys have hooked me. I bought a few shirts, pants and sport coats. We'll see how it goes.

10. ULCajun

ULCajun Senior Member

11. althanis

althanis Distinguished Member

Never dated fish before, let us know how it goes.

12. masernaut

masernaut Senior Member

Uhhhhh why did I not buy that jacket. The texture is amazing

13. althanis

althanis Distinguished Member

I read stuff like this and shake my head. Only on Styleforum would someone make the claim that what is likely the single most popular tie knot in the world was made so by two fellow SF members, and can actually name them.

14. SJR3

SJR3 Senior Member

Pretty sure he’s only referring to the DOUBLE four-in-hand, and within the realm of the online menswear community. I’d certainly never heard of it before joining SF.

15. am55

am55 Distinguished Member

Whether it was achieved by an extra wide tie and normal FIH, or a "double", an extra long knot has been Prince Michael of Kent's trademark look for a long time. The double version also used to be known as a Prince Albert knot in years I vaguely remember as being before Gerald Shen launched his tie brand.