• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The overall sleeves should not be tapered. Tapering could be done just below the elbows to the wrist to achieve a more Neapolitan silhouette with fuller sleeves. But I am totally fine with what they have in the contemporary cut.

Agreed

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You've probably already answered this before, but where on the website can we put in such requests? Is there a text field with optional image attachment that I've missed?
There's a comment box on the checkout page, right above the place order button. It says "leave your comment"

Last edited:

cyclemanic

Reaction score
There's a comment box on the checkout page, right above the place order button. It says "leave your comment"

Many thanks! :) You just made the likelihood of my first foray into S&M that much higher. Hopefully requests like collar band height can be accommodated.

pmestrad

Reaction score
Hey guys, have an abraham moon green tweed jacket NWT in 38R contemporary that I would be willing to sell for cost +S/H. Otherwise, will return it but wanted to offer it to you guys first. Message me if any interest.

emptym

Reaction score
View attachment 1105194 Don’t ever use this knot. I once was at a steakhouse and the bartender had this knot. He made terrible martinis.

Ugh, I had a coworker at a previous job that used to wear this and insist that it was “the most formal knot”. We were in client-facing roles (finance) and he used to wear this to meetings. The knot looked like a P’zone, kind of made me cringe.
Were either of them named Eric Glennie by any chance?

ULCajun

Reaction score
Anyone interested in navy moleskin trousers in 34 contemp let me know!
Still unhemmed

Last edited:

jje126

Reaction score
Like an overzealous dope I snipped the tags on a pair of 38R contemporary fit sport coats. I usually go 38R slim and didn't expect going a step up would make much of a difference, but I think they fit too large in the sleeves, waist, and chest. I'd rather unload them than get them tailored. Angelico navy hopsack and VBC blue/brown guncheck. $175 each or $300 for both. I'll cover shipping!

Reaction score
AD4F07F3-055C-4C97-9A6C-C8811F673C62.png
Long time lurker on the Spier and Mackay thread. I’ve literally read through every post and check in at least once a day. Was wearing all Spier and Mackay today so my girlfriend suggested I make a post. Pants and shirt are ‘17 I believe, green jacket and shoes from this year. Sorry for the poor quality. Picture was taken in the parking lot of the Midwestern Grain Salesmans Association. Keep up the great work Spier you guys are awesome.

PS if anyone wants the ‘17 Brown Donegal Abraham Moon Sports coat in 44 message me. Unworn, still with vent, tag and pocket stitching as it came. Will ship with the box, hanger, plastic bag, and suit bag it came with. It’s a great coat but doesn’t go well with my Windsor knots. If you’re wondering what it looks like Burzanblog and afterthesuit have some great pictures with it. I paid $330 but best offer can have it even if it’s a lowball. Shipping included for domestic US.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1105644 Picture was taken in the parking lot of the Midwestern Grain Salesmans Association. Keep up the great work Spier you guys are awesome.

PS if anyone wants the ‘17 Brown Donegal Abraham Moon Sports coat in 44 message me. Unworn, still with vent, tag and pocket stitching as it came. Will ship with the box, hanger, plastic bag, and suit bag it came with. It’s a great coat but doesn’t go well with my Windsor knots.

:cheers:

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys have hooked me. I bought a few shirts, pants and sport coats. We'll see how it goes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics