SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. spiermackay

spiermackay Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

What's your order#? Which chambray was it?

2. linds_15

linds_15 Senior member

rick is it possible to get that comparison photo you took without the ties? i always wear my OCBDs without a tie

3. scatterbrain

scatterbrain Senior member

Ok. SERIOUS bonus points for caring enough about the quality of your product to directly compare it to what is essentially the leader in the field.

I will be buying both Kamakura and S&M (custom) OCBD in February, and will also post a comparison here.
    +1 on trying to move the buttons closer to the points. I agree that part is better.
    +1.

Overall, I think I'm likely to prefer Kamakura for wearing with sport coats (no tie), but your unfused version for wearing on its own with no sport coat. I would also prefer yours for wearing with the most casual of sport coats. Combine that unfused collar with a completely unstructured coat and an unlined tie with a hand-rolled tip, and you'd be sending a serious menefreghismo vibe. I like that.

I'm not likely to wear button down with a tie. I didn't go to Princeton, so I feel like I'm playing dress-up if I wear a button-down with a tie. That could just be me...

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015

4. cnew

cnew Well-Known Member

Ordered my first three shirts last night. Took advantage of the $20 off each shirt when you buy 3+. Blanked on the fact that this was in CAD and not the USD. When I go to check out, a nice $40.00 difference appeared [​IMG] I can't wait to receive my first shirt especially because I never have luck with OTR.

5. JFUNG

JFUNG New Member

Hi Rick, it was order# 12958, Soft Washed Casual Chambray
    Code: CNS-819 2C3KF5

6. nleaders

nleaders Member

When are you supposing the new OCBDs will hit the store. I can't wait to order, like, a lot.

As a side, I am a huge fan of the lightly fused collar such as Kamakura. I haven't had the pleasure of owning one of your current run OCBDs, but I think the suggestions here, so far, have been on point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Burke

Burke Well-Known Member

+1

I think that would be a great idea as I suspect that most of us would be wearing these without ties (at least most of the time).

8. spiermackay

spiermackay Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

I'll see if I can get that done by Monday.

New OCBD's are about a month out. I'm getting the new samples in by Tuesday. We'll confirm the collar and start production by Friday. Then it's about 3 weeks after they should reach us.

9. DomoKun

DomoKun Member

My good Sir! I have just placed a test order with you. I cant wait to receive it as I have been waiting, researching and saving up to build my suit collection, and looking forward to purchasing several more suits from you. However I am in the states and returning shipping for so many suits would be expensive and your current sale runs out on the 15th.... Would it be possible for me to place an order and have you guys hold off on it while I await my first suit from you guys? I'm a portly fellow at 44R but sometimes I find some brand's jackets have the arm hole too high and 44R seems to vary a fair bit from brand to brand. Simply put I would like to do business with you and take advantage of your sale but want to make sure the 44 I order will fit me correctly before I pull the trigger on the rest and risk being stuck with a hefty return shipping fee for several suits.

And if all goes well, several of my friends are interested as well but they find your sale + Canadian prices too good to be true and I will be their guinea pig. I am ashamed to be friends with people that wear polyester suits from Macy's. Hopefully you guys can change that.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015

10. flvinny521

flvinny521 Senior member

[​IMG]

This is a fantastic typo.

11. bogo

bogo Member

I wear a 44 as well. I have one suit from S&M with a minor alteration and it fits very well. This was from their first batch. I find the contemporary cuts a little too snug due to my gut. This applies to the shirts as well. But I can't wait for the classic fit to return for the shirts (and suits one day) because they fit spot on. However, for the pants I wear 38 slim and have about 5 or 6 pairs from S&M. I would purchase more but the last two rounds they made contemporary cuts over slim for my size. Overall the quality is great.

12. Darkside

Darkside Senior member

Those of you who own both: How would you guys compare S&M quality with SuitSupply? Also, any photos? Definitely not enough photos in this thread.

On a sidenote:

This thread has been ttreated as a case-by-case customer service answering service as of late.

Rick is gracious enough to entertain these posts, but the personal questions you have about your orders can be resolved with a toll free phone call, an email, or at most a PM. Inquiring here about your order only clutters the thread and takes away from useful discussions, such as which collars we want on the next batch of OTR shirts. [​IMG]

13. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Senior member

Amen.

14. MichaelKnight

MichaelKnight Well-Known Member

apologies, was not my intent

15. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Senior member

I don't think this was directed to an individual in particular. Rather to all of us. I think we've been accustomed to Rick's fast replies and stepped over the line, a bit!