• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recent Sale - Navy Chalkstripe just arrived. This thing is quite simply...amazing. I hardly ever wear suits but I might start now just because of this thing. The pants are perfect and the fabric soft and rich looking.
Yes but...some guy on the internet says no one wears chalk stripe suits anymore!:)
It really is a terrific suit.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t like Shell at all, I’m more of a Suede guy so color #8 is out for me. Black suede it is.

jdp234

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think dark brown shoes with a charcoal suit is a tasteful and pleasing combination, but recognize that that is a slightly unorthodox position.

Edit especially dark brown suede...

mlstein

Reaction score
One thing I haven't seen mentioned (at least recently) is how rich and lovely the colors are in Spier and Mackay's stock. I just replaced two turtlenecks, in beige and navy, from another source, because Spier's turtlenecks fit me better and they were irresistible at the bundle price, and I was struck by the contrast between the two pairs. The depth and intensity of the colors on my new sweaters blew the others away. It is the same with the colors of my other sweaters, my medium blue suit, my blue flannel sports coat (so much more interesting in texture than the ordinary blue blazer), my green topcoat, and even the Angelico hopsack in a warm gray, not to mention the chinos. Someone there has a superb eye for color as well as texture and fiber quality. It's one of the things that keeps me coming back.

Last edited:

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's sad when you're already imagining your purchases for next year.

For summer I'm already picturing that Solaro Suit. Then for winter think I'm going to make up my dream winter suit in a heavy Fox Bros POW once the MTO program is released and then hopefully add what will be a S&M Raglan style Coat.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
One thing I haven't seen mentioned (at least recently) is how rich and lovely the colors are in Spier and Mackay's stock. I just replaced two turtlenecks, in beige and navy, from another source, because Spier's turtlenecks fit me better and they were irresistible at the bundle price, and I was struck by the contrast between the two pairs. The depth and intensity of the colors on my new sweaters blew the others away. It is the same with the colors of my other sweaters, my medium blue suit, my blue flannel sports coat (so much more interesting in texture than the ordinary blue blazer), my green topcoat, and even the Angelico hopsack in a warm gray, not to mention the chinos. Someone there has a superb eye for color as well as texture and fiber quality. It's one of the things that keeps me coming back.

Thanks! I'll be sure to let them know!

SchachMundialECapital

Reaction score
It's getting cold in Nor-Cal, so I brought out the S&M charcoal turtleneck and the navy peacoat for a weekend stroll. Also wearing a Harris tweed cap and a cashmere scarf from J.A.B.
DSC00121.JPG

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes but...some guy on the internet says no one wears chalk stripe suits anymore!:)
It really is a terrific suit.
Indeed. To be honest, I didn't buy it becuase I would probably wear it 2 or max 3 times, so I prefer to get something else. I got the charcoal Neapolitan v3 and the Rust Check. Yes!

I think dark brown shoes with a charcoal suit is a tasteful and pleasing combination, but recognize that that is a slightly unorthodox position.

Edit especially dark brown suede...
I agree. And what do you think of charcoal and burgundy?

30446550557_b092444165_c.jpg

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Indeed. To be honest, I didn't buy it becuase I would probably wear it 2 or max 3 times, so I prefer to get something else. I got the charcoal Neapolitan v3 and the Rust Check. Yes!

I agree. And what do you think of charcoal and burgundy?

30446550557_b092444165_c.jpg

I think that would look a lot better with gray socks. The burgundy should give the impression of an end cap, not a complete base layer over which the gray was layered.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads