• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Opinions wanted-

Debating on one more purchase during the sale- either the fawn corduroy jacket or the glen plaid suit. Already ordered the bright navy Guabello suit and camel sportcoat (though I haven’t received an order confirmation email for that one...). I was thinking there might be some overlap between the corduroy and camel, but I felt like the cord could be dressed down more.

Edit- scratch my earlier comment about the camel jacket, just got a shipping notice

Last edited:

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Opinions wanted-

Debating on one more purchase during the sale- either the fawn corduroy jacket or the glen plaid suit. Already ordered the bright navy Guabello suit and camel sportcoat (though I haven’t received an order confirmation email for that one...). I was thinking there might be some overlap between the corduroy and camel, but I felt like the cord could be dressed down more.
which will you get more use out of? In a close case, this is usually how I decide

jdp234

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Opinions wanted-

Folks have said that the corduroy is super heavy, FWIW. Might not get much use out of it down here in swamp country.

ahtynes

Reaction score
For those who have ordered MTM shirts through S&M, do they take shrinking into consideration when making the shirt? Or do I need to make different sets of measurements for twills, poplins, etc.

kammerer66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those who have ordered MTM shirts through S&M, do they take shrinking into consideration when making the shirt? Or do I need to make different sets of measurements for twills, poplins, etc.
I always ask for fabric to be washed and dried before cutting. This works well, as long as I cold-wash and hang-dry the shirts. Had a couple of funny accidents when someone else put my shirts in the dryer.

Poplin is tricky. It seems to shrink more.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay just received a few sweaters and like them but they’re definitely fitting pretty trim (Then again, I’m probably plus a few pounds right now from Thanksgiving week). Would you expect they shrink in the wash at all? If so I probably need to size up. The arms in particular don’t look like they have much room to shrink.
Wash cold on gentle. Lay flat as per instructions and shrinkage is minimal. . Buy they are wool, so treat them as any wool item. They don't need to be cleaned often. Maybe once or twice a season depending on frequency of wear or it you spill something on it.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay Renu made adjustments to my measurements between the first shirt and subsequent ones which I was very pleased with. How do I make sure Renu's adjustments are reflected in the data I have on file for future orders?
Just mention in the notes to follow most recent measurements.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Interesting. I was a bit skeptical, but figured there was some new technology at play here, considering that last year‘s do not say machine washable/anti-pill, and I had seen at least one other vendor selling machine washable/anti-pill merino sweaters this year too. Doesn’t seem like something a vendor would put on their merchandise without some thorough testing to back it up. I was only planning to wash once, maybe twice a season anyway (and use a mesh bag), but still want to keep them in top shape.

Thanks. I think they fit OK now, just concerned about shrinkage (especially sense I am replacing a set of sweaters that started this size and shrunk over the past few years). Maybe any shrinkage would be counteracted by the stretching though (?).

Here’s the large cardigan (sorry for the extremely poor quality but hopefully you get the idea).

View attachment 1077946
You can still dry clean them. But the option is there.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just want to say I got the loose weave summer popover recently and man I love the fit. Sized up then hot washed and dried. I may love it more than the SM chambray shirt I have. Speaking of which...any chance of more casual chambrays and possible other colors next year?

induere_to

Reaction score
Congrats to @spiermackay for building a great reputation. The feedback from members that I have a lot of respect for inspired me to put a toe in the S&M water. To confirm, is this the standard button down collar that comes on a MTM shirt?

Though I love having my bit of fun with either of our made to measure factories, the shirt in question is actually OTR, which collar point length is 3 1/2". Maybe it looks longer since I didn't have it buttoned up in the above picture, I usually request 4" collar points on my custom shirts regardless of which spread I choose to go with.

So to answer your question: yes. This is the standard button down collar that will come on your MTM shirt unless you input otherwise.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.