• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Green tweed again. Can't stop wearing it.
FD5057CD-EB7F-4375-8905-DE8F9C28AD08.jpeg

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I missed out on the brown herringbone tweed in my size, but it just got restocked (probably returned). I thought very briefly about waiting for BF but decided that I'd really regret missing out on it for the chance to save 20% (or whatever it'll be this year).

Queequeg

Reaction score
2FADF46D-5A97-4D29-A2BB-8CC336B0B2C5.jpeg
FBD0CDCE-9E61-4A0C-80C4-53AA1ECC9B6B.jpeg
Used to be a S&M 34 jacket but they discontinued that size and when the red/brown gun check came out I thought I’d give the slim 36s a shot. It is slightly larger than most of my other sport costs, and I’ll probably have a tailor clean it up a little but the shoulders are my biggest concern and I’m not sure they can do much for that. Any feedback on the fit here?

Allen Dreadmon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been digging the current offerings so I popped into 20 Toronto St. last week. Overall, very impressed by the fits and quality. Here is the burnt orange turtleneck sweater in action. Also kopped the burnt orange cardigan and a pair of copper chinos. Hoping to add a few sport coats to the arsenal as well!

7BF0D121-9DDF-47C6-80F6-2B668BD38964.jpeg

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1074874 View attachment 1074880 Used to be a S&M 34 jacket but they discontinued that size and when the red/brown gun check came out I thought I’d give the slim 36s a shot. It is slightly larger than most of my other sport costs, and I’ll probably have a tailor clean it up a little but the shoulders are my biggest concern and I’m not sure they can do much for that. Any feedback on the fit here?
It looks great. Length looks good. Shoulders not bad. One side has a divot but the other shoulder looks smooth. Are your other sport coats on the short side? Hourglass shape to the body. I don’t know what a tailor could do. Looks fine to me.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1074874 View attachment 1074880 Used to be a S&M 34 jacket but they discontinued that size and when the red/brown gun check came out I thought I’d give the slim 36s a shot. It is slightly larger than most of my other sport costs, and I’ll probably have a tailor clean it up a little but the shoulders are my biggest concern and I’m not sure they can do much for that. Any feedback on the fit here?
How you want your jacket to fit is up to you but I don't think you really need a short, may just be the angle though. Besides that the shoulder would bother me too. The body doesn't look large but you may be used to a tighter fit. Can you get a picture of the back?

Last edited:

Queequeg

Reaction score
It looks great. Length looks good. Shoulders not bad. One side has a divot but the other shoulder looks smooth. Are your other sport coats on the short side? Hourglass shape to the body. I don’t know what a tailor could do. Looks fine to me.

How you want your jacket to fit is up to you but you really don't need a short.

Thanks for your feedback. The inconsistent shoulder issue is a result of scoliosis (womp womp). Therefore, it definitely fits better on my left shoulder than my right. I appreciate the feedback on the length as well. Not sure I'm a short either, but at 5'7" I didn't want to gamble on the regular. Overall very happy with the fit and loooove the fabric. I regret passing on the grey POW.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback. The inconsistent shoulder issue is a result of scoliosis (womp womp). Therefore, it definitely fits better on my left shoulder than my right. I appreciate the feedback on the length as well. Not sure I'm a short either, but at 5'7" I didn't want to gamble on the regular. Overall very happy with the fit and loooove the fabric. I regret passing on the grey POW.

It's a soft shoulder with no pad. A good tailor can trim out the extra fabric from the cap to make it sit cleaner.

sargeinaz

Reaction score
Now I’m getting nervous cause I’m a 36 in the shoulders and I’m 5’ 7.5” and got a 36S contemporary. I remember Rick telling me that the Neo V3 cut is longer than the regular cut when the same size is compared (I ordered a 36R of the navy hopsack, but it was 74.5cm which is too long). I need 72 to 73cm max ideally and was hoping the Neo V3 would be in that range. I’ll be super, super bummed if it’s not. It should be arriving this week.

Otherwise I’ll just wait for the MTO program and do the length and sleeve length in 1 shot.

Last edited:

jdp234

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay deets on the cloth for the "VBC Green Check"? It is listed as all season weight, but I'm interested in texture/weave information. (11oz flannel might technically be all season weight but I don't want to wear it in the summer!)

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay deets on the cloth for the "VBC Green Check"? It is listed as all season weight, but I'm interested in texture/weave information. (11oz flannel might technically be all season weight but I don't want to wear it in the summer!)

It's close to a brushed worsted. More appropriate for 3 season I guess.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads