1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  2. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10 : Sam Hober Tie and Pocket Square sets courtesy of David Hober

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is one of three sets of of Sam Hober Tie and Pocket Square sets courtesy of David Hober. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. SchachMundialECapital

SchachMundialECapital Well-Known Member

@spiermackay mentioned earlier in the thread a sales progression of 2x every year. That is absolutely nuts! For some reason, I expect that job applications will be flowing in like crazy when you guys open up new positions. Congratulations on a very successful F/W season!

2. spiermackay

spiermackay Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

3. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Distinguished Member

Thanks for that. I've just dropped hot a PM!

4. ElliotG

ElliotG Member

My mistake then. Suit is beautiful! Amazing job

5. jtorres94

jtorres94 Distinguished Member

Not in a hurry or anything but placed an order last Friday on the release day of the striped green OCBD and haven't received any shipping info.

Was it a pre order shirt or just a slight delay with all the sales going on?

6. ULCajun

ULCajun Senior Member

They must be terribly backed up. I haven’t gotten an email response back in a couple of days. I did order the same shirt and am pumped about it

7. spiermackay

Latter. Should go tomorrow. Pm me. I'll check.

8. Claghorn

Claghorn Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

Shirt and suit

8AB88457-960E-44C1-B74F-9CB6276585A8.jpeg

9. NoNameNecessary

NoNameNecessary Senior Member

I will buy 100% wool turtleneck for $100. No one is going to spend 200 USD on wool turtleneck from S&M. In comparison, BB sells 100% Scotland cashmere turtleneck for 298. S&M is doing so well is because 1. Much cheaper alternative (identical fabric) to very popular brands (Drakes Ring Jacket) 2. Production volume is low. Second being very important. Just like Viberg produce less than 3 pairs for each size, so it can sell all the production even its price is unjustifiable. If S&M doubles its production, it will have trouble to sell all the stocks. I suppose on average each jacket size has less than 10 pieces now?

10. Riva

Riva Distinguished Member

Ehaberdasher takes GMTO only for 6 pieces with like 20 color selections and under $100 pure wool. So forget this project.

11. spiermackay

There you go. A fellow vendor to the rescue!

12. Thilgela

Thilgela Senior Member

@spiermackay Are we getting staple fresco pants with side adjusters for S/S?

13. orange fury

orange fury Distinguished Member

Yuuuuup. Kind of like the conversation about a raincoat from a couple days ago- people can say $800, but I bet very few would actually buy anyone.

Same as above

14. orange fury

orange fury Distinguished Member

1.75” cuffs. I tried 2” once but they were a touch too tall for me- they just looked unbalanced to my eye.

I also only do cuffs on wool dress pants- cuffs on cotton chinos are too much work for me from an ironing standpoint, and I’m kind of lazy.

I dropped them off at my tailor tonight and am having a half inch taken off. I’m adamant about no break- I can’t stand excess fabric and folds at the feet. When I tried them on at the tailor a couple days ago, I think I was wearing them too high when he took the measurements.

Gracias!

Right? I was pretty damn happy with it- even if the incoming charcoal is close enough in color that it functionally overlaps with the mid gray, I’ll still keep it and use it

15. cc808314

cc808314 Distinguished Member

@spiermackay , do you recommend the same size/fit for khaki pants and wool dress trousers? The latter fit me quite well in 34 slim. I am afraid the Khakis might be a bit tight and may shrink a bit.