SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Shad0w4life

Shad0w4life Member

Just an oddity; sale suits for $375, don't affect the price of non sale suits but if the sale suit was on for regular price it would drop both to $375, probably less as original price on some is $425

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  2. spiermackay

spiermackay Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

2 normally. But right now you can add a single trouser to the cart and get it down to $85. This also expires at Midnight tonight to reset for our regular Black Friday/Cyber Monday discounts.

3. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Is the 20% off including custom shirts for in store as well? I plan to make it down on Saturday. It will be additional 20% off the bundle price?

4. spiermackay

yes, in store as well. mention the SF code, because there will be 2 codes that day. The reg Black Friday code is only good for 15%.

5. toddl

toddl Member

Quick question on belt sizing before I send you guys more money. Will a 36 fit a guy who wears 36 pants, or do I need to order 38 like many places claim? The sizing description "buckle to inner most hole" leads me to believe I should order a 36.

6. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

That's awesome. I see some custom fabrics on sale which I actually like for $59 non bundle even. So with 20% off that would be $47 for a custom shirt. I think that would be good just ordering one in order to get the fit right before placing further orders in the future. :slayer:

7. spiermackay

It will measure 36" from the tip of the buckle to the inner most hole. If you usually wear 36 trousers, those trousers are usually finished at 37 or 38, Which would take you 2 notches forward, so you should be good.

8. Shad0w4life

Shad0w4life Member

Can't decide what else to order with the Navy suit.

http://www.spierandmackay.com/product_information/3596_blue_pinhead_texture_contemporary_fit
    or
    http://www.spierandmackay.com/product_information/3576_blue_texture___contemporary_fit
    or
    http://www.spierandmackay.com/produ...rey_birdseye_in_super_130s___contemporary_fit (Odd thing with this is, it will cost me $36.80 more to buy an on sale suit + Regular price, than to buy 2 full price items. Plus I have light grey and medium grey suit... Butttttt it's 130s and much different texture than my normal go to suits and might go better with the 4 texture/patterned shirts I ordered and cotton&wool ties)

I don't want to order and return like many people do with Suitsupply

9. aglose

aglose Senior member

Placed an order for a belt and some grey Birdseye pants. Looking forward to receiving them since I need a pair of staple grey pants to go with some Blazers that I have.

10. doodledoc

doodledoc Senior member

I'm considering buy both of the 3 piece suits. Out the door, it's $580 USD for both of them.

11. spiermackay

Just to let you know, the 2 suit bundle promotion ends at Midnight as the BF deal kicks in tomorrow. Today is the only day they overlap and can be used in conjunction. Just sayin' [​IMG]

12. linds_15

linds_15 Senior member

what are the top recommendations for plain white shirts and plain blue shirts for going custom? too many options and would like to order some fabrics before coming in to get sized

13. 02///M3

02///M3 Senior member

Rick, for MTM, can we send in a shirt to have the pattern copied exactly?

14. Billyum

Billyum Member

Rick, what are your thoughts on the blue pinhead texture, the blue texture, and the blue/grey solid? I'm thinking of pairing one of those with a charcoal suit to bundle.

I already own a navy suit, so I think the blue/grey solid would be a bit redundant, but the two blue texture suits are different enough from what I own.

Thanks!

15. spiermackay

The blue/gray is really fantastic in person. The colour is very unique. But if you already have a navy, you probably want something fairly different. The blue texture is very different. It has a great brightness to it that lets it stand out more. The blue pinhead is much more subdued and falls into the background more easily. So basically, if you want to stand out, blue texture. If you want something a bit more classic in appeal, blue pinhead.