1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Spex

Spex Senior member

Nice. I'm liking these. Hopefully I can find a size that works. Any chance of making a long sleeve version? [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Shanejosephxxx

Shanejosephxxx Senior member

Really dumb question here. I want to pick up some of the khakis but the size chart confuses me. Would I just select my normal waist size? Actual garment measurements and the waist section are different.

3. Spex

Spex Senior member

Measure a pair of trousers you currently have the fit well in the waist. You'll probably find that the actual waist measurement is 1 or 2 inches larger than the tagged size. This is typical. All of my trousers are size 32, but if the actual waist measurement of any of those trousers was 32", then they'd be too tight.

1 person likes this.
  4. spiermackay

spiermackay Senior member Affiliate Vendor

The pattern we use would be on the most recent. So changes made would be against that pattern. We can pre-wash the fabric on request, but this is not ideal as the cloth becomes difficult to handle in the machine after the tiny bit of starch is washed out.

All use the same 2/80's x 2/80's yarn, but in different weaves/density. The royal twill has the most loft, and therefore softness, but the fine twill will be smoother. The pin oxford behaves similar to a poplin/boradcloth, but a bit more opaque. The royal oxford has a more open weave and is the lightest of the bunch.

In time. let us get this short sleeve group out first! These polos will be the best bang for the buck on the market.

5. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Are the new polos a decent upgrade fabric wise compared to the original run polos?

6. spiermackay

Day/Night difference. Different Yarn, different knitting. It has a dry/cool hand now which is much more comfortable for hot summer.

1 person likes this.
  7. spiermackay

Just a PSA for our US customers.

Our first return free for suiting is now up and running. Lowers the risk to try our suiting to get your fit locked down.

Rick

2 people like this.
  8. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

[​IMG]

9. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

When will these be available?

10. spiermackay

Should be ready to go early April.

2 people like this.
  11. 02///M3

02///M3 Senior member

Two quick questions Rick:

For your MTM suiting offers, is it possible to send a jacket/trousers to be replicated similar to your shirt replication program? Probably more complicated to replicate a suit jacket, but when I ordered an S&M suit for sizing, the fit was off in ways I wasn't comfortable trying to adjust over email (i.e. collar too low/long causing a collar gap).

Second, will you guys be offering any chambray or denim for the MTM shirt program at any point?

Thanks as always.

12. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Senior member

The light blue OCBD in action again after a washing. It shrinked up a little, but not much. Best OCBD value in North America.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  13. Lancaster

Lancaster Senior member

Rick, a few questions about the polos. 1) what makes hem such a good value? 2) what kind of buttons are on these and what kind were used on the original ones? 3) why no sewn on tag? 4) are you going to have a run with bigger spread in the collars? Thanks.

14. spiermackay

The SF offer is a MTO/MTM based on the Model 2 jacket. So the adjustments would have to be based on that. If you needed a replicated jacket, we would have to apply it as Custom and create a new pattern. This would be at the regular custom price.

We're trying for both, but to get good quality in quantities and price we need to be at is really difficult. We can easily get denim from Albiate, but it would be more expensive than any shirts we currently offer, which really makes no sense. We are thinking of commissioning our own Denim and Chambray like we did for the Oxfords, but nothing has be set yet.

1. The yarn and fabric are of 100% Combed, Ring Spun, ELS Cotton and knit using Japanese Fukuhara machines. The result is an airy, lightweight polo, that still has great body, stretch/recovery and comfort. Compare these to Lacoste, Polo, or even Kent Wang, and our Polos are almost a third the price.

2. The buttons are faux pearl made from an acrylic resin. They look and perform very close to our shell buttons on our shirts. The original polo has a poly button, that really wasn't that great, but did it's job.

3. No tag is more comfortable on knits

4. We're starting this new run with the same spread as our popular Semi-Spread from our dress shirts. Possibly in the future, depending on feedback, we may increase the spread. The semi spread does a much better job framing the face as an open collar shirt than a full spread. But we'll make whatever our customers want in the end.

1 person likes this.
  15. Burke

Burke Well-Known Member

Hey Rick - I seem to remember that you were developing new chinos. Is that still happening? If so when?

I apologize if this has already been discussed.

16. spiermackay

Yes we are. There is a slight delay in the first run, should have them in April. This run will be from fabric we purchased from a supplier from available stock. A really great mid-weight for warm weather.

For fall, we will roll out the chinos for which we developed our own cloth. A really fantastic Mid-Heavy 3x1 twill made from 100% Egyptian Cotton.

1 person likes this.
  17. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

@An Acute Style , is that the slim fit shirt?

18. losrockets

losrockets Senior member

So much amazing stuff to buy from you guys this year. Super excited!

To whoever asked, never got the opp to wear my tobacco linen suit, sorry!

19. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Could not be more pumped for these polos, if you need an 2-3 week early beta tester let me know hahaha

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  20. spiermackay

Hardy Minnis Fresco!

Look what came in the mail today for Custom!

Can do full suits at $1095 CAD, Jacket at $849 and Trouser at $325, which I think is the same as Luxire, but we have the full collection AND if your in the GTA you can come in and get measured.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    8 people like this.