1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. spiermackay

spiermackay Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Same as the 46, but the sleeve is 27.4", length is 32.1"

2. spiermackay

They are coming in early April. We're keeping it conservative. White, Black, Navy, Light Heather Gray, Charcoal Heather, Burgundy and Marine Blue.

No dramatic difference in size. We had good feedback on the sizing of the last go around, and folks really enjoyed the fit.

Fine twill, Royal twill, Pin Oxford or Royal Oxford. All work well in the respects you are looking for.

3. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

I was kind of between sizes last round but the large works. The selection sounds fantastic!

Is it a full run of all colors across the dress collar and standard collar? I am ready to grab the navy, burgundy, and both heather shirts. Will make it tough if I have to decide what collar I like better too haha

4. emailstuartm

emailstuartm Member

Much appreciated. Would there be enough material in a 46 to let the arms out 1/2 inch to and inch.

Cheers

5. spiermackay

Yes, we'll have all colours/sizes in both the rib collar and shirt collar.

We've let the sleeve out 3/4" many times without any issue. The buttons are false so they can be easily moved to accommodate.

6. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Going to be a tough decision, both collars look great.

7. emailstuartm

emailstuartm Member

We've let the sleeve out 3/4" many times without any issue. The buttons are false so they can be easily moved to accommodate.
    [/quote]

Perfect. Anyway to request the alteration on an online order or best to come in or call?

8. spiermackay

Fair warning, prices will be more in line with regular polos of this level. $30 CAD for the Rib, $35 CAD for the Shirt collar. Both will be bundled though for savings.

9. Darkside

Darkside Senior member

I noticed that with my S&M shirts, the buttonholes on the shirts don't have as much "resilience" than shirts from other brands. Specifically, after I button the shirt, or the cuff, I feel like the fabric around the buttonhole stays a bit deformed. This occurs regardless of the fabric. Is this a function of the interlining/fusing/construction of the plackets and cuffs? Anyone else have this experience?

With that being said, I am still anxiously waiting for the university stripe oxfords.

10. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Was expecting those price points and always appreciate the bundle pricing. Will be buying 3+ when they drop.

11. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Do you have pictures of you wearing the polos?

12. emailstuartm

emailstuartm Member

Any way to request an alteration on an online order?

13. spiermackay

You can request it in the notes at checkout. However, once a garment is altered it is considered a final sale. Sleeve Shortening/Lengthening is $25 CAD and we'll send you a separate invoice and payment request for it.

14. spiermackay

We got a bunch of new cloth from Monti. I've said it many times, I think Monti is superior to Thomas Mason. The cloth just has a character to it that's hard to emulate.

These should be up by Monday. $119 CAD or $99 CAD when bundled. Amazing value.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. nickrut

nickrut Senior member

Looks great to me. I'll be putting a big order in with you guys once I get my sample shirt and it fits well.

16. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Snapped a quick pic in one, sorry I couldn't find my tripod. I am 5'9", about 180 and wear a 15.5" Contemporary pretty well for sizing.

This is an OG SM polo in size Large (I wear a slim M in Bonobos and Brooks Brothers polos and they fit very similar to the SM Large). Great pretty much everywhere but maybe a hair wide in the body for some people.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  17. Otte

Otte Member

Hi Rick, would you mind enlightening me on this?

18. Spex

Spex Senior member

I've searched this thread high and low and cannot find a photo of these dress collar polos. Can't someone link the post? Very interested.

19. jaidog

jaidog Well-Known Member

What are the main differences between the four options above? Are some of the fabrics more opaque than others? What about softness/thread count/weight/drape of these fabrics in comparison to each other?

20. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Haha sorry, a couple colors were posted on IG and I got excited and needed to find out more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.