SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Senior member

Just checked. Indeed, S&M Contemporary measurements are roughly the same as an equivalently sized Havana.

Funny thing is, though, I own both SuSu's Havana and their tuxedo line (which is based on Napoli's measurements) and wear the same size (48r) in both. I always assumed that the tightness difference was attribuable to the Havana being more casual and fashion-forward, while the tuxedo was more traditional (generous) in term of fit.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  2. Shad0w4life

Shad0w4life Member

Yeah they are very generous in the waist on the Napoli, always had to have that taken in a lot while my tailor chuckles pinning the fabric.

Mark me down for a more athletic sized, some of us fellow Canucks still play sports, lift weights and eat animal products, this razor thin guy trend is really ruining my wardrobe options ;) Oh and functioning button holes :D

Side note can you please help me out in preparation for next weeks splurge; I want a dark true navy suit, looking at the site(with these horrible dell monitors), the pants with the navy suit really look blue rather than navy. How dark is the navy fabric you have, I had to retire my previous navy suit and I'm missing it badly, transitioned from day to night just beautifully.

3. spiermackay

spiermackay Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

We have 3 different Navy trousers at the moment. What's the code you are looking at?

219500/398 and 10005 001/33 are inky midnight blue

10005 001/34 is more of a true navy.

4. Shad0w4life

Shad0w4life Member

46L of 10005 001/34 22112-2F1H1-L is the one I was looking at due to monkey arms on me; 36-37 sleeve with ~19" shoulder shirt or Your 16.5" shirts fit pretty much spot on. 46R might be doable if there's 1/2" in sleeves but I find letting that much makes button placement look funny.

Can't really tell much of a difference between the Navy Solid, Navy Blue Solid and Navy Core. As long as they are less blue in non daylight situations than the photos, it should be what I'm looking for. These monitors are really bad, 10005 001/3 the jacket when zoomed out looks like a nice dark navy, pants are clearly charcoal though when zoomed in.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  5. spiermackay

spiermackay Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

This is a true navy. So it is a touch brighter than the inky midnight of the other core.

Won't the 46L be too big in the chest/waist? The sleeves can be let out, the buttons are false, so no real issue there.

6. Shad0w4life

Shad0w4life Member

Yeah that's the one Issue i'm running in to is picking sizing Currently I have to have the below sizing redone in the waist, sleeves lengthened and shoulder roll removed. My deltoids currently stick out of these a little bit so I could more than likely size up a bit and it ever so slightly pokes off from chest.
    Shoulder 19.1
    Chest 44.3
    Waist 38.2
    Sleeve 35.2
    Back Length 31.5

To get the shoulder to fit 46R would be needed, then waist for sure taken in and chest reduced and jacket shortened(model 2 only from chart as long and short sizes appear to be Model 2 only), sleeves should fit.
    Yikes

7. zinc2162

zinc2162 Senior member

Hi Rick, the two sportcoats you posted look very good. Waiting for your Toronto opening and I will give it a try.

I think a while back you mentioned you are bringing in some tweeds and suit fabrics from reputable mills for MTM. How's that going?

8. quigleysr

quigleysr Member

You might want to lean closer to the 44. I have a 40L Napoli and a 40L SS Tux and recently received a 42R from S&M, contemporary fit, model 2. The fit in the shoulders and body is pretty spot on, it is the length of the body that has me concerned. I posted some pics in this thread earlier today. I am 6'2"/6'3" so its pretty close to being too short. I get the feeling that my arms are comically short because I actually would want the sleeves shortened by 1/4".

9. linds_15

linds_15 Senior member

got two of my S&M suits back from the tailor today (magic tailor), and as always very happy. i went with the blue sharkskin and flannel prince of wales.

thanks again Rick.

10. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Senior member

Would love to see how they turned out if you happen to have any pictures!

11. Spex

Spex Senior member

I'm a slim guy and like my trousers slim as well, however the pants from those previous picks are too slim for me. Clean straight lines are my preference. Above are the contemporary fit trousers I scored this past summer. I think the fit is amazing. Slim yet clean and the rise is not low at all.

12. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Senior member

Very nice!

13. fieldofdreams

fieldofdreams Senior member

Just got in my 3 shirts. The light blue and white ocbds and the bengal stripe dress shirt. The ocbds are phenomenal, and not just for the price. The collar roll is superb and the fabrics are very nice.

[​IMG]

@spiermackay if you guys constantly had these for sale in white, light blue, and some different stripes, I think you could develop a really good reputation and they would sell constantly. I'd never buy Kamakura again.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  14. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Yeah that was actually leading to my next question. When will there be more colors offered? I shall swing by in December

15. Darkside

Darkside Senior member

@fieldofdreams is absolutely right. You guys need a cornerstone item that you can hang your hat on; this may actually be the way to establish yourself to a wider audience. OCBDs are very popular right now, and there are not many good options on the market. Uniqlo OCBDs are terrible quality. Brooks Brothers don't fit well and are overpriced. Kamakura are good quality, but their sizing and availability is spotty, making them fairly unpractical. Ralph Lauren branding and various trims and sizing become cumbersome. Other brands like Gitman and Lean Garments exist, but again the problem lies in pricing and accessibility.

I am basically waiting for the university stripe OCBDs to come in so i can put in an order of 4 or 5 shirts at the bundle price. The 4 shirts I already have from you guys are a joy to wear.

Also, @fieldofdreams, that shirt looks great on you, and I will probably add the brushed blue to my order after seeing it.