1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Puchases through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. jtorres94

jtorres94 Distinguished Member

Haha, I'm excited for the green tweed jacket but at least on my phone all the pictures show it in a different shade.

2. pickergc

pickergc Senior Member

still haven't herd anything on my order...:confused2:
    damn! i still don't have a confirmation :-/

3. Nemesis_4

Nemesis_4 Senior Member

Got shipping confirmation on the three turtlenecks but not the brown herringbone yet..... :uhoh:

4. Ezio

Ezio Senior Member

Woohoo, got my olive cord suit. The texture is so neat.

5. Siepi

Siepi Well-Known Member

My green tweed was delivered today. Sorry for the crappy mirror selfie, it was the closest I could get to natural light during nighttime.

IMG_20181016_201710.jpg
    IMG_20181016_202245.jpg

The close-up shot is a bit overexposed and blurry, unfortunately. In addition to the reddish-brown threads visible in the shot, there are dark blue/purple threads and light yellow-green threads against the dark green base. The latter two fade away from any normal distance away, and the overall effect is a mottled forest green with some brown undertones.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018

6. kammerer66

kammerer66 Senior Member

This is the best sport coat of the season.

7. feelufo

feelufo Active Member

I'm having some issues with sizing my sportcoat. All my suits up to this point have been hand me downs that have never really fit well, and I'm not sure if something that actually fits me feels almost tight because I'm not used to it or because it's too small. Suitsupply sized me for a 36S so I ordered that for S&M (they initially insisted 34 which was ridiculously small), and I also was advised by the tailor at SS to get the 36S slim from S&M. I think the 36S contemporary may be too short though. It almost looks okay to me, but I think it's too short and may be slightly too small. My usual tailor also pointed out that the top button should be closer to my belly button (button is currently 3" above). My chest measures as 36 1/2" and my shoulders about 17". This leads me to think I may be a 38R - slim. I'm 5'-8" and 135lbs. I'm most concerned about my shoulders. I really can't tell if the additional space in the shoulders will be good or not on 38. I've emailed S&M for advice, but they haven't replied to me yet.

Any help would be appreciated!

InkedIMG_9779_LI.jpg

InkedIMG_9754_LI.jpg

IMG_9727.JPG

InkedInkedIMG_9725_LI.jpg

8. caktaylor

caktaylor Well-Known Member

It does appear that the 36S is too short. There looks to be some pulling at the button. That may be because it hits too high up your torso (and the S&M jackets are not intended to have a high button stance). I think that a 36R may be the next size to try, unless you feel that movement in your shoulders is too restricted. You did not include any pictures of your back, so we cannot tell if there is any pulling. What did your tailor say about the fit in the shoulders?

9. sebastian mcfox

sebastian mcfox Distinguished Member

L
    Looks fine other than the length - try a 36R

10. infinidox

infinidox Senior Member

SB topcoat came in. If you're looking to put it over a suit coat, I'd recommend sizing up. I found it fits pretty close through the shoulder and waist as my SCs.

11. davidazio

davidazio Senior Member

Thanks, I’m 6’2’’ so will definitely take a long then :-D

12. RogerP

RogerP Distinguished Member

Yikes. Can anyone comment on whether this also applies to the DB overcoat? A topcoat should not fit as close as a blazer or suit jacket in a given size.

13. RogerP

RogerP Distinguished Member

Mt take on pairing the green cord sportcoat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. JustinW

JustinW Distinguished Member

Cooling down a bit in Houston, so I’m dressing like it’s 2017:
    B11F7A6C-65E3-4749-B544-5735A25C66BF.jpeg

15. James1051

James1051 Distinguished Member

Thanks for the photos and description. Very helpful. And a great looking jacket!