• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
If this season was a nightmare, sir, our wallets will never survive a success!
Season itself is great, but behind the scenes to get this done was not easy.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to open to a can of worms here because it has absolutely no bearing on S&M, but I wonder if S&M is using the same factories as Howard Yount. The styles and quality offered at the incredible price point reminds me of the once favored shop until their customer service went down the drain.

Last edited:

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Not to open to a can of worms here because it has absolutely no bearing on S&P, but I wonder if S&P is using the same factories as Howard Yount. The styles and quality offered at the incredible price point reminds me of the once favored shop until their customer service went down the drain.
Nope. Not the same at all. We manufacture in China. We develop all sizing and styles in house and don't use any factory patterns.

Sdig14

Reaction score
We need more pre-orders for high-demand items. They come once a year, some sizes sell in minutes, and the F5 lottery sucks.
I'd love this as well. Less pressure to be near the computer. Less stress, less money, more clothes.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope. Not the same at all. We manufacture in China. We develop all sizing and styles in house and don't use any factory patterns.
Thanks for the reply! I meant manufacturer (wrong terminology) rather than simply using a factory for private labeling. It's very clear your offers are designed in-house.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! I meant manufacturer (wrong terminology) rather than simply using a factory for private labeling. It's very clear your offers are designed in-house.
I don't think HY produced anything in China. I think most of it was USA and Italy?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
They made a fair amount of suits and jackets in China
I didn't know that. Thanks. Then it is possible. Though the current factory we use, never exported to North America before us. Prior it was only Europe and Australia. So most probably not the current factory for sure.

Ebichuman

Reaction score
Well, I think it's a definite compliment. HY stuff was very well made; materials, design and construction were great. I'm a proud owner of bunch of their stuff (and yours, of course!)

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.