1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

:):):):)

Also when will full spread collars be available in OTR? I been hitting the gym and unfortunately ALL my MTM shirts from SM are too small

2. spiermackay

spiermackay Senior member Affiliate Vendor

We have tonnes of shirts coming in. An extreme spread is coming in within the next two weeks, and a full lot of Full Spreads in staple fabrics is coming by the end of the month.

2 people like this.
  3. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

I still can't stop thinking of new oxfords, madras shirts, and the possibility of a burgundy flannel trouser for the Fall haha. I cannot wait to see a fabric sample of that trouser if it's still happening.

4. spiermackay

New oxfords are almost set to ship. Madras we already booked the fabric, should be in April. Flannel trousers are still a go. Most probably in 5-6 colours. We're most likely going with the proper heavy 350 gsm weight flannel.

5. spiermackay

The light blue birdseye and bright medium blue were last SS, and we're not bringing them back. We do have two new suits coming in that were specifically brought in as substitutes. Grey bridseye, we didn't get the reaction we were hoping for, so it's not coming back anytime soon.

6. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Awesome news all around!

7. bism416

bism416 Member

I am pretty excited for oxfords. I really like the Madras I picked up last year, it is a great casual shirt

Will flannels be available next fall? Earlier?

8. jamie411

jamie411 Senior member

Rick, when will you start looking at suiting fabrics for next F/W?

I'd love to see both a navy flannel windowpane and navy flannel chalk-stripe!

9. spiermackay

We're already working on it. Already selected a Navy Flannel Windowpane. Still looking for a good chalk-stripe, we found a couple, but not in love with them.

10. spiermackay

Flannels will be next fall. Early to Mid October.

11. spiermackay

These are the burgundy flannels we're debating. We're leaning to C61. It's a much richer red and better than this pic.
    [​IMG]

Also looking at adding an interesting blue (besides navy) C41 is what we're leaning towards.

[​IMG]

Also, basic Navy, Mid Gray, Charcoal, and a Camel/Light Brown shade.

2 people like this.
  12. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

Camel flannel would be amazing. I missed the boat on some others I was looking at.

13. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Oh my, these are fantastic. I reeeaaallllyyy love the C82 from that pic, more true burgundy rather than leaning red would be more versatile.

I think the C41 is a great choice for the navy. I like the C40 or even the C39 but only because I have quite a few true navy trousers already so the shade lighter shades would be great.

1 person likes this.
  14. colHolm

colHolm Senior member

I think I prefer C82 to C61 as well.

15. spiermackay

The colours in these pics are really not that accurate. The C82 is much darker and has more a brown undertone to it. The C61 is actually closer to a true burgundy in normal light. The flash of the phone camera, plus the crappy phone camera seems to have made it more bright red than it actually is.

16. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

I do still like the idea of darker, I guess tough to tell from phone pics like you said though. I picked the C82 as it reminds me a lot in that pic of a donegal tweed jacket in a similar colour that I would love to have a pair of trousers in, maybe a hair darker.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  17. Spex

Spex Senior member

These flannels are for what again? If they are for trousers, then a very light grey would be my #1 pick. What else are we going to wear with our navy and dark brown sportcoats?

3 people like this.
  18. fieldofdreams

fieldofdreams Senior member

I second that. I would love to see light grey flannels in the winter and light grey summer weight wools in the summer.

19. Spex

Spex Senior member

Right on. The one pair if S&M trousers I own are my favourite summer trousers - light heather grey tropical weight wool.

20. SeaJen

SeaJen Senior member

^agreed.
    Certainly prefer light grey to charcoal or navy. Much more versatile.