• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Custom 3 piece (sans trousers) that has 4.25" bellied Peak lapels.

I Don't think a lot of people in the GTA are aware of the flexibility of our custom program. We can customize virtually any part of the suit. Lapel width, Lapel style and variation, gorge height, button stance, pocket size, pocket placement. Pretty much anything. Very similar to what you would get from bespoke in terms of options - meaning pretty much anything.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had to cancel the walnut/tan. We rejected it during inspection, there were quality variations in the leather that just weren't acceptable. TBH, we ordered it to be 35 mm. During the inspection, we measured 33 mm and found them to be totally acceptable. I'm wearing the brown one right now with my chinos and finds that it works really well. Doesn't look to chunky, like a 35 mm can and it noticeably larger than the 30 mm. So it worked out.

Sad to hear about the walnut, have any rejects in a size 34 you want to sell by chance?

The sizing thing makes sense, as long as they are different enough from the 30mm I can see why you chose to keep them at 33mm.

fieldofdreams

Reaction score

Custom 3 piece (sans trousers) that has 4.25" bellied Peak lapels. I Don't think a lot of people in the GTA are aware of the flexibility of our custom program. We can customize virtually any part of the suit. Lapel width, Lapel style and variation, gorge height, button stance, pocket size, pocket placement. Pretty much anything. Very similar to what you would get from bespoke in terms of options - meaning pretty much anything.
Are your mtm suits full canvas?

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Half or Full. You choose. Full is +$100 CAD.

When you say pretty much anything, does that include hand padded lapels, self felt collars, hand attached sleeve head (basically a fully hand made garment)?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
When you say pretty much anything, does that include hand padded lapels, self felt collars, hand attached sleeve head (basically a fully hand made garment)?

Let me get back to you on the full list of handwork available. But handwork available that I know of is sleeve head, collar felt, pick stitch, button holes and buttons, lining attachment.

There is a bit of handwork in the standard custom garment, but for the most part it is machine made. The additional handwork would be extra. What I was referring to is styling options, just to be clear. :)

Last edited:

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Let me get back to you on the full list of handwork available. But handwork available that I know of is sleeve head, collar felt, pick stitch, button holes and buttons, lining attachment.

There is a bit of handwork in the standard custom garment, but for the most part it is machine made. The additional handwork would be extra.

Thanks!

fieldofdreams

Reaction score

There is a bit of handwork in the standard custom garment, but for the most part it is machine made. The additional handwork would be extra. What I was referring to is styling options, just to be clear. :)

Is there anywhere I can find a list of fabrics and prices currently available for MTM?

Last edited:

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is there anywhere I can find a list of fabrics and prices currently available for MTM?

Not at the moment. We only run custom suiting in store due to measuring and sizing. Too much risk in trying to use body measurements remotely to get a good fit. We may offer a MTO/MTM program in the future similar to that of Kent Wang, utilizing an OTR product and making adjustments.

doodledoc

Reaction score
For your Full Canvas OTR suits, I'd vote side tabs (with the necessary buttons/loops for suspenders).

If you do use belt loops, consider including a belt keeper loop. I would advise this for all your suits in the future. I have borelli chinos and benjamin sartorial suit pants that have belt keepersloops. They do wonders!

Also, rubber grips sewn into the inner waistband will help keep shirts from getting untucked. This applies to both side tabs and belt loops.

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
I would like to see some OCBDs. Some light blue and blue and white stripes specifically. I can never get enough of those.

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Light blue, light pink, or even forest green university stripe OCBDs, or even spread collar shirts would fly off the racks IMO.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Custom 3 piece (sans trousers) that has 4.25" bellied Peak lapels.

I Don't think a lot of people in the GTA are aware of the flexibility of our custom program. We can customize virtually any part of the suit. Lapel width, Lapel style and variation, gorge height, button stance, pocket size, pocket placement. Pretty much anything. Very similar to what you would get from bespoke in terms of options - meaning pretty much anything.

Very nice - wish I could give a try to your MTM program, although it's a 7 hour drive to Toronto from my place.

I would like to see some OCBDs. Some light blue and blue and white stripes specifically. I can never get enough of those.

This. Some OCBD in staple fabrics (light blue, blue/pink university stripes, etc.) are long-awaited! With beefy collar rolls, of course! I'd jump right in if available!

Last edited:

zinc2162

Reaction score
Light blue, light pink, or even forest green university stripe OCBDs, or even spread collar shirts would fly off the racks IMO.

A while back Rick mentioned he is working will the factory to develop the OCBD cloth. I wonder how is that going. Need some OCBDs too.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

A while back Rick mentioned he is working will the factory to develop the OCBD cloth. I wonder how is that going. Need some OCBDs too.

Fabric is being delivered this week. It came out better than we expected. Really excited to get this program rolling.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics