• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
Second Group of OTR suits are arriving next week. Here is a preview:

Navy Check - 3 Piece in Brushed Wool: $548 CAD.

Is this a medium weight 10-11 oz flannel? Or is it heavier?

I'm assuming, considering you guys are in Canada, that it is probably on the heavier side.

Also, when will this suit be released on the website?

Last edited:

doodledoc

Reaction score

Spier and Mackay Navy Suit Model 2 Size 40R
Spier and Mackay MTM shirt
Kent Wang grenadine navy tie
Drakes pocket square

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is this a medium weight 10-11 oz flannel? Or is it heavier?

I'm assuming, considering you guys are in Canada, that it is probably on the heavier side.

Also, when will this suit be released on the website?

This is just a brushed wool, not a flannel. Slightly heavier than our all season fabrics. All seasons are generally 255-265 gsm, this is 275 gsm. Fine for cooler weather, but not like a flannel.

Should be up by tomorrow morning.

doodledoc

Reaction score
Hi Rick,

I have a question about two of your MTM fabrics. Both are white poplin

Product Code: MT-568
Product Code: SWP-01

One has a fabric weight of light-medium and the other is light. Both are 60s cotton. What's the difference between the two fabrics? Which one is less transparent?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Rick,

I have a question about two of your MTM fabrics. Both are white poplin

Product Code: MT-568
Product Code: SWP-01

One has a fabric weight of light-medium and the other is light. Both are 60s cotton. What's the difference between the two fabrics? Which one is less transparent?

SWP-01 is denser and a bit more opaque. Both Egyptian Cotton. Both very good fabrics, cant really go wrong either way.

Spex

Reaction score
I see some new trousers up on the site, although they are clearly just suit-separate trousers in the same fabrics as the recent suits. I understand that as a matter of economies of scale, you do this, however (and sorry if this has been asked many times before) will there be any true odd trousers this fall/winter, esp. in such fabrics as flannel and tweed? Cheers.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I see some new trousers up on the site, although they are clearly just suit-separate trousers in the same fabrics as the recent suits. I understand that as a matter of economies of scale, you do this, however (and sorry if this has been asked many times before) will there be any true odd trousers this fall/winter, esp. in such fabrics as flannel and tweed? Cheers.

No flannel this year. We only had the same supplier as last year to tap into, and we didn't want to repeat with the same weight. Looking for something a bit heavier.

We have a few brushed wools coming in at over 300 gsm, which is a very nice cloth. I'm headed to a global textile show next month to connect with more fabric suppliers so we can expand our offereings as we grow.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also agree - a good olive color would be versatile for many people.

+1 for me as well. Olive is a go to casual color for me. Bonobos Congos, Epaulet Moss and Desert duck canvas are all fantastic olive tone colors if you are looking for some inspiration.

Last edited:

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are all the trousers uploaded for the fall/winter? Just want to see them all before I buy. Any trouser "kickoff" promo code like in the past?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Are all the trousers uploaded for the fall/winter? Just want to see them all before I buy. Any trouser "kickoff" promo code like in the past?

Not all. We have 6 more coming. 4 next week. Those are the brushed houndstooth and self checks. No promos scheduled at the moment.

nkwu

Reaction score

11 degrees this AM, reached for a Blue Herringbone Flannel. Hope there is more of these in the pipeline for Fall, even more casual patterns. I could live in these all fall/winter...
yesss. slept on these last year and my size is gone

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads