• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It should be sold as a regular oxford. You could call it broken in, but I think J crew has that covered.

And most of Canada has the same weather as NYC. Or at lest where most of the population lives.
We need the same things...

I don’t like thick or warm shirts, Flannels aside.

If I had thick shirts I’d never get to wear my sweaters.
Even in the colder cities, most places inside have the heat turned up too much anyway.

Outside, that's easily fixed by layering properly.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A bit more insight on this prototype dubbed “Summer Oxford”.

It’s a 4 season shirt. A bit heavy for a true summer shirt, but what isn’t this year?
It would be my ideal daily cloth of choice as a year round option for my given dress code. Even over the lighter twills like Monti which I love and use a lot. The oxford lends itself better to chinos, cords, and jeans. Which I basically live in for office use.

What does it for me is 2 things,

1, the softness out of the box. The following pics are sartorial sins. I hung this for 2 days on a hanger and am now wearing it. No wash, no iron.
As you can see, pretty wrinkle resistant. Reminds me of Epaulets Somelos salt wash oxford. But this one is softer and lighter out of the box.

2, the contemporary 15 fit. I’ve gained some weight, and also adjusted my style a bit as a result the past couple years. No longer looking for such form fitted pieces, going back to more classic silhouettes for my figure. I’m currently 160-165 and 5’8” with a 39” chest. Seriously lacking a workout regiment. I’d say 10 lbs overweight, from a former leaner, stronger version of myself.

Back to the fit of the 15 Contemp, armholes have more range of motion, hips are waist are wider, which is great. It’s fitted, but it isn’t slim. I’m okay with this.
I normally MTM. But my last few shirts made up smaller then I like and right now are too snug in the pits and waist. No good. I like to think I can now have an OTR size (maybe) for shirting.

Details are nice. The shirring on the yolk would certainly look cooler on a sartorial peacock then me, but Im okay with it. This is one of those details that the Gen pop won’t comprehend, and look oddly at.
If I ordered these MTO, I’d skip it.
Shirred shoulder is cool. Mine is not laying proper because of the factory fold and my lack of willingness to wash and iron it. But it will look great once done.

MOP buttons, as always impress, and the crowsfoot stitch is attractive. All nice details really.
Collar is soft and stands grand on my frame. Very nice!

Overall these oxfords are way better then the brushed oxford of the past IMO, and I’d be happy to wear them year round.

The only negative, is going to be the wait for the cloth in new colours.

I really need to invest in a stand for my phone and take better photos at a distance.

View attachment 1019292

View attachment 1019293

View attachment 1019294

View attachment 1019295
Great review.

I’m curious if anyone can comment on how the weight and feel of the fabric compares to Brooks Brothers OCBD. Thanks.

Irish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this a SM tie? It looks wider than the 8 cm one in that pattern on the website.
capture-jpg.1018522

sid11111

Reaction score
Crowsfoot stitching is for more Italian shirts with spread or cutaway collars imo. I'd much rather have shanks, for their practical functions of making buttoning a tiny bit easier and providing a bit of give throughout the day.

Shanks on buttons are a friggen game changer. All the best shirts have them.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I suppose for oxford it’s easier to just stick with the “traditional way”.

ninzer33

Reaction score
Has anyone done a point collar in MTM that has a picture? Would be curious to see how it came out/try one for myself.

exfalso

Reaction score
I’m curious if anyone can comment on how the weight and feel of the fabric compares to Brooks Brothers OCBD. Thanks.
Quite similar in weight and texture. I have a feeling this one will get slightly crispy once it gets washed.

Is this a SM tie? It looks wider than the 8 cm one in that pattern on the website.
capture-jpg.1018522
Looks so.

It could also be that it is a size < 40 on display, which means that the lapels are thinner than 4".

The Dirk

Reaction score
Got back from the tailor the brown check, the tobacco fresco and the VBC fresco trousers. Consider, they need a press.

Before

43700091992_31e4263085_c.jpg

After

44077197731_3851b9924c_c.jpg

Still looks boxy, @John Wick? :p

Before

43700090092_60d66a1581_c.jpg

After

43358969674_dcb520fc07_c.jpg
Looks great! The only issue I see is with the shoulders, but that seems to be an issue with all of S&M's jackets.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks great! The only issue I see is with the shoulders, but that seems to be an issue with all of S&M's jackets.
They still need a press, don’t know why the divot appeared there but when wearing it, they are gone.

Looks perfect!

I also like the not-so-versatile navy trousers.
Thanks! I kinda like how they look.

What all did you have done? Waist taken in, sleeves taken in & shortened?
Yup, waist taken in and shorten sleeves. Sleeves weren’t taken in.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads