SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. losrockets

losrockets Senior member

Hey Rick, super basic request but how about a nice plain white poplin in your semi-spread? If it's not in the pipeline I'll probably just MTO it as it's nothing special, but I think this has been missing for a while from your recent releases. (PS I love the full spread but I frequently go tieless so it's nice to have some semi-spread options on hand as I think they sit and frame the face better)

2. skev13

skev13 Member

I haven't had any trouble with that. I'm an in-store customer and Rick & Tommy have been quite helpful with my probably annoying requests. They show me the paperwork so I know what everything is. So far my first shirt wears quite well, its just after the first wash and wear I'm getting a neck roll on the back of the collar (didn't see it when I tried on the shirt in store), so I'd like to get it corrected before the rest of the shirts on my order get made. Easily the nicest shirt that I own. Can't wait for the rest of the order.

3. spiermackay

spiermackay Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Yes. There already should be several fabric up that are the same. We have 20 fabrics being released for custom tomorrow, most of which are CBD.

The sleeves will be in line with the Contemporary sleeve lengths.

Yep. Under production. Should be in stock in a couple of weeks.

4. zinc2162

zinc2162 Senior member

Order a couple of OTR shirts last night. I am a size 15 slim. I will be interested to see how the modification is.

5. spiermackay

It is pretty minimal. Should fit basically the same but a bit cleaner through the armhole/bicep.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015

6. sskim3

sskim3 Active Member

Probably a very noob question. What are the sleeve lengths for an OTR shirt in 16.5 contemporary fit? And if I needed shorter sleeves, can I pay extra for you guys to handle it?

7. spiermackay

Sleeves are 35 1/2". If you need shorter, we can do them in house. Costs $12.

8. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

I have 4 of these new shirts with the changes already in 15 slim. It is minimal, although I did notice it right away (I thought it was just sewn up smaller), and its a cleaner line for slim guys. Unless you are already really tight in the armhole, you will like the changes.

9. zinc2162

zinc2162 Senior member

That's great. I am looking forward to them!!

10. 2942

2942 Well-Known Member

I received my three new shirts (14.5 slim) today and unfortunately have to say I'm very disappointed with my order. While fabrics are great and craftsmanship flawless, size wise they look nothing like the other S&M shirts I've purchased before. Sleeves are about 5/8 inch longer, chest looks larger and at bicep they are roomier and not slimmer! Rick, what changes have you made on 14.5 Slim?

11. spiermackay

What is your order#? I'll cross check the items/measurements. The only change that was made to the 14.5 slim was the armhole reduced 1/4" and the bicep by 1/2". All rest remain same, or least should have. Email Tommy at [email protected] for an RA and we'll inspect the item specs.

It is entirely possible you received a shirt that was mis-labeled. Could be a 15 with a 14 1/2 tag. Very rare, but can happen once in a blue moon.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015

12. losrockets

losrockets Senior member

Wore my light blue linen shirt today. Cannot say often enough what an incredible value these were, Rick. The quality of the fabric is truly special, I love the texture, the speckled appearance, everything. Hope you're able to offer something similar next summer. I'd love to have an entire closet of these!

13. spiermackay

14. zinc2162

zinc2162 Senior member

I like these new ones. Will the royal oxford make it to OTR or they will be for custom only?

15. spiermackay

Yes, they will be in OTR, but end of Sept.