1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Puchases through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. sid11111

sid11111 Well-Known Member

Do you use the collar stays for your linen shirts? I find that for mine, due to the collars being unfused, utilising the collar stays causes it limp very unattractively.

2. losrockets

losrockets Distinguished Member

RE: CMT.
    This still true? Courier to send the cloth to China? Or Canada? What's the charge for CMT these days - jacket +/- pants?

3. up1911fan

up1911fan Distinguished Member

No collar stays.

4. konix

konix Senior Member

Yes, still true. I just did this last month.

I did just a jacket and it was $400 + $80 to ship it to the factory.

5. losrockets

losrockets Distinguished Member

Damn. That's enticing. I'm even more excited for my upcoming trip to Toronto now. I just need to get my hands on some nice fabrics at a good price. Recommendations for value companies and places to find good deals? I'm a fan of wool/silk/linen blends and colorful windowpanes, tropical weight wools, and similar stuff.

6. ULCajun

ULCajun Senior Member

Is it too soon to ask if slubs are making another appearance this fall (from what I remember it was about fall (green in particular))?. I know there is one on final sale but can’t commit to a final sale

7. Ezio

Ezio Senior Member

Don't ever get rid of the negative belly on the Neapolitans. This is a really cool lapel. I'm still getting used to the odd unstructured-ish shoulder, but I love this sweeping lapel and the open quarters.

Anyways, gave Sherry at Customer Service a call and she said she'll get me the correct pants out right away.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018

8. James1051

James1051 Distinguished Member

Yeah, I love that lapel too.
    did you end up getting that dark navy herringbone suit?

9. boot_owl

boot_owl Senior Member

That's actually really cheap - MTM or just on one of their regular patterns? Could actually be worth organising groups at that price

10. James1051

James1051 Distinguished Member

Thinking about doing an exchange (color) from the US. How does that work?

11. konix

konix Senior Member

That’s price of a MTM.

12. dluce76

dluce76 Senior Member

Little late to the party - forest green and oatmeal linen/wool or wool hopsack in neo v3. Also some type of a medium sized windowpane or check pattern light blue on brighter Navy has been on my list.

Whatever you choose, maybe a bit more conservative than the big bold patterns this sseason. the colors were great but the pattern size is hard to pull off on any other than in casual settings IMO. I know the guncheck is on a lot of people's favorites but it's pretty bold too. Slightly tighter or smaller patterns in same colors would've been slick for me.

13. coreyaugustus

coreyaugustus Well-Known Member

Just to clarify for those who aren't clear on the acronym, what does CMT mean?

14. Ezio

Ezio Senior Member

Yep, I got it, but the wrong size pants were shipped to me, so I called in and they said they'll have the right ones out to me asap

15. lax101

lax101 Member

Is the consensus here still that the poplin OTR shirts shrink in the sleeves?