• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burke

Reaction score
Just wanted to hear everyone's thoughts regarding the new spread collar shirts.

I think I would prefer a standard mitred cuff as opposed to the cut-away cuffs that are on the shirts. To my eyes they seem not ideal when paired with a jacket.

Still great shirts though - I really like them.

vlxvndr

Reaction score
Kicking myself for not ordering that blue sportcoat for 99 bones!

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For any guys that are in the GTA, we've started our Warehouse sale today, which is In-store only. Some pretty great stuff at the most ridiculous prices we've ever offered. Have to clear out and make room for next season.

http://bit.ly/1CA9qZK

It's In-store only. Runs until Sunday the 19th, 4:00 pm.

Cheers,
Rick

Last edited:
Reaction score
For any guys that are in the GTA, we've started our Warehouse sale today, which is In-store only. Some pretty great stuff at the most ridiculous prices we've ever offered. Have to clear out and make room for next season.

It's In-store only. Runs until Sunday the 13th, 4:00 pm.

Cheers,
Rick
Sunday the 13th? Might be a typo unless you mean September 13th.

nkwu

Reaction score

Cheers,
Rick

augh. work hours :(

skev13

Reaction score

Cheers,
Rick

Any medium to light grey suits in 36? (30 waist)

Feelgoodfit

Reaction score
Just ordered every Model 1 sport coat available in my size that I didn't own already. $99 CAD is an absolute STEAL.

I would definitely pick up a few as well if I were able to tailor somewhat for my sloped shoulders. The jacket I received and tried was outstanding. For $99? Spectacular deal.

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cheers,
Rick

Just took a look at the link. Wow. Looks like I'll be making a trip up soon, possibly even today.

General question to anybody here: I'm looking at these two sportcoats, as S&M still have them in my size. Any suggestions as to what colour/pattern of dress/casual shirts + trousers/chinos to combine it with?

Last edited:

CMAc7

Reaction score
@KaleidoscopicK,

I own both jackets. The rest of your rig must be pretty muted. I pair them with a blue or white OCBD and grey wool trousers of various shades. The blue one works well with lighter brown to tan trousers and the brown one pairs decently well with dark brown or navy trousers too if you are inclined to stray from gray. I tend to leave my patterned trousers or striped shirts in the stable when I wear either jacket.

jamie411

Reaction score

Just took a look at the link. Wow. Looks like I'll be making a trip up soon, possibly even today.

General question to anybody here: I'm looking at these two sportcoats, as S&M still have them in my size. Any suggestions as to what colour/pattern of dress/casual shirts + trousers/chinos to combine it with?

I think some mid to light grey, tan, or off white trousers or chinos would work with either. For shirts I'd stick to solids - light blue and white.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads