STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. NoNameNecessary

NoNameNecessary Well-Known Member

How much does Spier tailor charge for removing shoulder divot? I have shoulder divot in both slim and contemporary models

2. gettoasty

gettoasty Stylish Dinosaur

• Eidos - You probably know this already but refer to the Sal and Lorenzo model (Sal and Lorenzo come with suits or as separates)
    • H. Stockton (Regular Fit) - Has about 11" front rise for a size 32 I believe, which is a great starting point IMO. Great option for me to wear with belt as Eidos Sal and Lorenzo model has side tabs instead.

3. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Distinguished Member

Do you think SM could support a production run of a minimum 75-100 pair, per fabric in a high rise cut?

You have an MTM program more affordable then all of those brands.

Now, all things not being equal, and the fact that sales occur, I understand.

But the product is there to be created if you want it to be, and if you want to pay for it. You should try it if you haven't.

But I will say, I’ve been to the store many times.
    That model will not sell at retail. And I’m not sure online/SF will drive a large enough demand to make the value feasible.

But, I suppose time will tell.

I think the tobacco fresco may be the start of something new. But Id bet many people will object to the pleats.

4. hookem12387

hookem12387 Distinguished Member

I have not been to the store and don't know what the made to measure suit options are, but can this be cured by going that route? Can you, for instance, raise the armhole, bring up the rise, and fill out a knee via made to measure? It's not an off the rack solution but it's a work around.

5. spiermackay

spiermackay Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

This. This is more of an exercise for the upcoming MTO rather than OTR. The general consumer HATES high rise trousers, as do their spouses and girl friends, who influence a lot of what they eventually purchase. The market for these trousers is too niche. We will try them with a couple of pairs and see how they sell, but I think Epaulet even tried and it flopped??

6. gettoasty

Is 11" front considered high? I'd be happy with that in different fabric offerings

7. spiermackay

on what size?

8. gettoasty

9. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Distinguished Member

In my opinion, no not really. I’m referring more to the 12”+ stuff.

And Epaulet did and does offer higher rise with pleats. Through Hertling and now Southwick. Thy are beautiful products BTw.

But only MTO, didn’t sell well enough OTR in basic fabrics like a cotton twill or flannel.

But some of these other brands are selling through pretty well. So who knows. Certainly an online thing only.

10. spiermackay

The higher rise on the tobacco fresco will have 11" on a 32 contemporary.

11. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Distinguished Member

It's q bit cold today in Mexico, so it's suitable for this jacket but not for a flannel trouser. I opted for a heavier sharskin.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018

12. Wilson13

Wilson13 Senior Member

A happy medium may be somewhere between 11" and 11.5", with enough fabric that the crotch can be let out - I have done this successfully to create a higher rise. At least with the Neapolitan cut...

13. Wilson13

Wilson13 Senior Member

@jtorres94
    This is the closest I could get. It’s probably actually somewhere between this and the other pictures I posted.

76E7835B-BF29-4904-B3A2-7C28F3FFBFF6.jpeg

14. aj805

aj805 Senior Member

I sort of get this, but I would have figured that some significant portion of your market was a bit different than white-sneaker-wearing Epaulet fans, but nevertheless, I wonder if those "general consumers" are really looking for your unpadded, spalla camicia-shouldered jackets with 3.5" lapels or whatever (let alone a suit at all), and yet those apparently sell.
    Do those same buyers really hate high rise trousers, or are they just not available for purchase?

And why would they care what their spouses and girl friends think?--aren't these clothes for MEN?!

15. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Distinguished Member

Looks very nice!