Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.
Thanks, they are Alden whiskey cordovan penny loafers
+1. Patterned trousers don't work with the patterns sport coats I have. More grey, less blue as well.
WOW. Those were awesome. Even liked some of the 'Rake' collection choices.
From what I'm reading it seems most would like solid patterns in terms of socks. I like both funky and pattern socks
As for trousers, I'm not a fan of patterns unless it's subtle. Personally I"m not a fan of your current windowpane trousers
Oh and most importantly, more white, light blue and lighter solids for shirts. And stock more 15-1/2 to 16 as those two sizes always sells out first.
Are you working with McGregor for your new sock line? They're a Canadian manufacturer and their executive/OTC merino line are the only socks I've purchased for the last several years. They are reasonably priced at $15/pair (less on sale), fit well, and are durable. They came in charcoal, navy, black, and dark brown at my local Bay but they've been selling out and I haven't seen any new stock in over a year -- I think they're down to only black now which I don't really wear. I wouldn't mind some simple patterns like stripes and diamonds in this kind of sock and it looks like I'll need new source for the basic colors if they don't get any new stock.
Do you have a full run of madras in store? I will try and pop in on Monday.
Spread collar from Spier and Mackay.
We do have the full run in the shop.
Sorry for the slow response. I was in Chicago over the weekend for my best friends Bachelor Party. Very difficult to get any work done!
Got my order in today and I LOVE the shirts. I was skeptical of the button down collar when I saw some pictures but I am blown away. Wore one to the office today and already have had 2 comments on how nice the collar looks. Is the collar on this the c3 or c10 (not seen online)? http://www.spierandmackay.com/product_information/1884_blue__orange_lutyens_madras_check
I got the madras in an XS and it fits so nicely. The other shirt I got was a small and definitely fits a bit bigger but is still great for a casual shirt. Heck, I can even tuck it in without billowing. Just have to be careful washing the XS!
Glad you like them. The collar on that particular madras shirt is a C10. New madras collars are C3-K, slightly longer points, and more substantial roll.
We have since discontinued Alpha sizing in favour of proper neck sizes, but the XS is very similar to the 14 1/2, very minor differences.
Got my trousers order in yesterday, couple notes/recommendations:
1) Is there anyway to eliminate the taping/fabric edging on the seams of the pocket bags? They make the bags print/outline because it's twice as thick in those areas.
2) Perhaps have the care tag sewn on the inside of the trousers instead of inside the rear pocket bags, that way again, they won't print since the tag material is pretty thick.
3) Lastly, maybe I'm nitpicking a bit here but on all three pairs of trousers, the center back beltloops aren't symmetrical. Again, this maybe just me and it's probably easily fixed.
Aside from those three points, can't wait for the winter weight fabrics to drop!
Great, 2 of my MTM shirts that I'm waiting on are ordered with the C10. I'm happy it turned out to be the same collar.
Ya I wasn't worried too much about the neck size for this as the top button would never be done up. The body, arms, and shoulders feel great though even though I'm a 15 neck. That being said I'm sure even with very minor shrinking it'll still be great.
Thanks for your feedback.
1. This is the first time we are hearing that the pocket taping is causing any sort of outline. The only reason this might happen is because the trouser may be too tight? But great feedback. I'll discuss with my technical team on this issue.
2. I can't quite picture what you are explaining on this. Do you mind sending a PM of a picture?
3. Again, do you mind sending a picture.
Separate names with a comma.