SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. murdochmysterie

murdochmysterie Member

Stopped in last Monday and placed an order for 3 MTM shirts. Both Rick and the lady that helped me were patient and helpful in getting my accurate sizing and my fabrics chosen which really made me feel like a valued customer even though it was my first visit. Really looking forward to getting them in.

Couldn't hold off though and picked up a few things online: a casual fit shirt and a pair of khaki's that were on sale along with that beautiful blue and orange madras. Will post fit pics when they come in!

2. Mashfir

Mashfir Active Member

+1 for some OTC wool socks in standard solids! Really looking to pick up some basics but not finding anything affordable.

Does anyone in Canada have a better option than Pantharella on STP? Even with their coupons, shipping and exchange make the $/pair pretty high.

I've already jumped on the MTM train and have been enjoying some great fits on shirts but given the insane value on the OTR stuff, might have to try some shirts and Model 2 jackets on next visit! Keep up the awesome price/quality ratio Rick, truly miles above any other option for locals on a budget.

3. spiermackay

spiermackay Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

They are quite fitted. I would go with the L if you want a more traditional polo fit.

4. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

I figured as much after double checking my measurements. Ordered them up yesterday and they will ship with my shirt exchange I am told.

Also loving this pattern, it was easily my fav when you teased the fabrics a while back.

[​IMG]

5. Mojomojo

Mojomojo Member

If we can get OTR socks that are in funky colours/designs, that would be more awesome. Solid colour socks are pretty cheap/easy to come by. :p

6. aglose

aglose Senior member

+1 I'm currently wearing these today, so funky colors suits me just fine.
    [​IMG]

7. losrockets

losrockets Senior member

If you can find me a pair of OTC solid wool socks with at least 60% wool that are cheap and easy to come by then sure. I can't get behind funky designs.

8. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Senior member

Plus, I don't really like 'funky' socks.

9. DrewC

DrewC New Member

I was checking out the MTM shirt program on the Spier & Mackay website and it seemed like a really good option for button downs. I just had a couple questions before I place an order.

For my sake, I was wondering if it's possible to get soft/unstructured shirt cuffs. I'm looking to pick up a casual shirt

Second, I'd like to get a MTM shirt for my dad. He's quite a large guy and I thought it would be amazing for him to have a shirt he can actually use the top button on. I was wonder if Spier and Mackay makes custom shirts for bigger men? Of course I would be completely okay with a surcharge.

My apologies if these questions have been asked before.

10. mdubya

mdubya Senior member

Regarding fall trousers, would love to see some solid tweeds and flannels in basic colors (I think epaulet has it right).

11. Academic2

Academic2 Senior member

Regarding socks, S&M might do well to think about how they would fit into their existing and planned collection. So, for example, it would be wise to include socks in colors matching as closely as possible those of their suits. And since their suits are business suits, it would be good to have some traditional business socks: ribbed, pin dot, and subtle stripes, for instance.

Cheers,

Ac

12. mdubya

mdubya Senior member

Agreed - if there is 1 complaint I have to make, it is the (sometimes) absence of the most 'core' wardrobe staples - for example, the absence of a white poplin in the MTM fabrics, or solid shades of gray trousers among a varied selection of browns (that are in-stock). I think it would be wise to offer some more traditional socks before venturing into the loud ones.

13. Spex

Spex Senior member

I've been purchasing socks from Brooks Brothers for the last couple of year. They come out with different designs each season and if you purchase 3 pairs at once you automatically get 25% off. With the normal corporate discount you get an additional 15% off and during corporate member events it could be 30% off additionally. They don't always have a wide variety of colours/patterns, but over time you should be able to find a good variety. Their more expensive wool dress socks seem to retail for about $28, so with the aforementioned discounts it comes down to $14.70. They have less expensive pairs as well.

OTR socks? I'm also hoping for some MTM socks and perhaps full bespoke. [​IMG]

Agreed with simple solid colours. You can find some wool OTC socks at many department stores, but they are all black, charcoal, navy and tan. This should provide some inspiration:
    http://williamabraham.com/collections/classic

14. burgerkong

burgerkong Senior member

More grey trousers instead of patterns!

15. nathan

nathan Well-Known Member

Shirt pattern looks good. Also, who makes the loafers? I'm looking for a new pair of brown ones. Thanks