• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spice Girls or Led Zeppelin???

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Led Zeppelin is re-uniting for a concert in O2 arena.

Spice Girls are also re-uniting and will be playing a concert in O2 arena as part of their upcoming tour.

Both are chart-topping acts who ruled the airwaves for years. Both could charitably be considered...over-the-hill.

Coincidence???

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Drawing any kind of parallel or connection between the LZ and the SG is just wrong...
plain.gif

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Spice Girls concert in London sold out in 36 seconds.

Kaizen

Reaction score
Whew! For a minute, I thought this post was going to be a truncated version of the "Marry, Sleep with, Kill" game.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
They may be old but Zeppelin still rocks, or did as of the time I saw them which was in 1996 or 7. Amazing show, we lucked out and got free tickets right by the stage.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Oh, and I forgot...they both drew crowds of scantily-dressed women in their heyday.

What's not to like?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Where's Montecristo#4 when we need him?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
They may be old but Zeppelin still rocks, or did as of the time I saw them which was in 1996 or 7. Amazing show, we lucked out and got free tickets right by the stage.

and I am officially, on-the-record, green-eyed-monster jealous of your good luck. Their cassettes never left my car player, except for when I was switching between Physical Graffiti, I, II, and IV

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I'd rather see the Spice Girls

Led Zeppelin is the worst "classic/great" band of all time. unlistenable.

altho that "animated cat" video someone made of "immigrant song" was funny as hell. songs still sucks.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart

altho that "animated cat" video someone made of "immigrant song" was funny as hell. songs still sucks.

wow.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
You cannot compare soft-core strippers to people that actually produce real music. The remaining Zep guys might be pushing 60 but my god, that was some of the best blues-rock to ever come out of English white boys.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the Spice Girls are my guilty pleasure......

I like sexy women singing infectious pop songs with a catchy melody.

Of course, Led Zeppelin, are almost in a catagory of their own. When I first heard "Whole Lotta Love" I had never heard anything so "heavy". They really developed their own sound.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That's so wrong as to be absurd. They rank as one of the best rock bands of all time, and unlike a lot of "classic/great" bands I could name, they produced remarkably little filler/junk in their time.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dude, I know it's really punk to hate on Zepp, but come on...

I entered the ballot for the option to buy tickets for the (LZ) reunion show. I'm not holding my breath, though.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
You cannot compare soft-core strippers to people that actually produce real music.
I politely differ. The Spice Girls had really good focus groups "craft" their music.
crackup[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads