• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sperry Topsiders

Advent

Reaction score
Originally Posted by david135
I like the whole prep idea... I always though prep was what Abercrombie was... I have really gotten into Ralph Lauren and buying a bunch of polos... I love the seersucker look but i dont know if i can pull it off

Im trying to get The Official Preppy Handbook but it seems like only place that i can find it is on Ebay

I am going to school at Baylor at Waco...

Oh and im 18 so around your age

FYI, there is a new version/edition of TOPH that is being published this autumn by the same editor as TOPH :
http://www.amazon.com/True-Prep-Its-.../dp/0307593983

Advent

Reaction score
Just for fun. Topsiders and Madras.

34ziv81.jpg

2pslmxg.jpg

153law4.jpg

1h2k4i.jpg

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^I like this. I'm not brave enough to wear madras pants, but I do enjoy madras shorts. I wouldn't have thought the shoes to be Prada, they look good and are probably extremely comfortable. Prada does a good job with making comfortable shoes.

Advent

Reaction score
Here's a couple more pix of the "topsiders". I was teased mercilessly by friends on a recent sailing trip...but the fact is, they are extremely comfortable and I can wear them for 12 hours easily.

2s656gw.jpg

15otkl3.jpg

my_alias

Reaction score
I have these and I receive so many compliments. They go with EVERYTHING but a suit
MensMainSlot.jpg

scribbles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Advent

34ziv81.jpg

2pslmxg.jpg

153law4.jpg

1h2k4i.jpg

I love those madras pants and I was going to ask where you got them until I got to the Thom Browne lable. #$%^ !! I don't have the funding those those are the moment.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scribbles
I love those madras pants and I was going to ask where you got them until I got to the Thom Browne lable. #$%^ !! I don't have the funding those those are the moment.
BB has some in the Milano fit that I'm now considering. I need to see them IRL before I make a decision on getting them though. I'm not sure I can pull off this look even though I like it a lot.

fiftyfour

Reaction score
I'm gonna have to disagree on the quality. I hadn't had a pair in many years, and just got a pair from Zappos last month. They took a little while to break in, but I am impressed with the quality of the leather and the stitching. Looks like they will last. I think they are a huge upgrade over flip flops! Great for shorts or jeans. If I am gonna wear chinos or fancier, I switch up for my Sperry Penny Loafers (which I LOVE by the way).

Jay687

Reaction score
Originally Posted by my_alias
I have these and I receive so many compliments. They go with EVERYTHING but a suit

MensMainSlot.jpg

I was thinking of getting those... could you perhaps post pictures of them on you? In shorts, chinos, jeans, whatever.

I just want to get an idea of how they look. Since never bought a grey shoe, felt if I were gonna go that light, would be better off with just getting white shoes perhaps.

CMJTperry

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Working Stiff
I feel that boat shoes should not be worn with jeans. This is a popular look, but not a good one.

Boat shoes with jeans look fine when worn in the right situation.

Wideknot

Reaction score
I'm 54 and have been wearing them for at least 40 years. But, then, my wife's a hot blond and I spend my weekends on a 45' Swan.

alexei

Reaction score
I have the Sperry/Band of Outsiders shoe with the safety pins instead of laces from a year or two ago. I love them. Worth the money? Probably not when you could just buy some extra large safety pins and do it yourself. Regardles, today's Top-siders are comfortable and well made. As for the style, that's up to you if you like it or not.

Exalt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Advent
34ziv81.jpg
2pslmxg.jpg
153law4.jpg
1h2k4i.jpg

Those pants are awesome. Where'd you get them (even though it clearly says Barneys)... and the Prada topsiders?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads