• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sperm donation???

mr.loverman

Reaction score
i'm a college student. i was sort of playing around with the idea of making some extra $ from sperm donations. does anyone have any advice or experiences they'd like to share?

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
I made a couple in West24's momma last night.

I tried to but the line was around the block and I didn't want sloppy 22nds.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I forget where ********** is...didn't she say under the 11th roll of fat? Or was it the 13th?

Either way I left a happy man.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr.loverman
i'm a college student. i was sort of playing around with the idea of making some extra $ from sperm donations. does anyone have any advice or experiences they'd like to share?

On a serious note, I don't know if I'm pulling this out of thin air or if it's just an urban legend, but I vaguely recall reading something once about someone being liable for child support despite the fact that he was just an "anonymous donor".

Spend some time looking that up. Again, not sure if that's true.

who8mahrice

Reaction score
^Aren't those files supposed to be confidential? Dunno how those files would be opened...

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I know a guy who did it. In his case, it was for medical research, and he had to deliver his sample by 9 a.m. He also had to refrain from any form of, uh, release for a good amount of time before donating. It seemed like a hassle for the little bit of money he got. But I'd consider that before donating for fertilization purposes, unless you're willing to receive a knock on the door in 20 years.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by who8mahrice
^Aren't those files supposed to be confidential? Dunno how those files would be opened...

There have been several cases where people have been able to track down their biological, even though the donor was supposed to be anonymous. I don't know the numbers, but I've read more than one article on it.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did a quick Google search and most of the hits seem to be concerned with one particular case where the donor was known to the mother and was giving gifts, etc. to the twins he fathered making it a more paternal role than would be the case with an anonymous donation.

The child support ruling was overturned by the supreme court in the end so he didn't have to pay.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
There have been several cases where people have been able to track down their biological, even though the donor was supposed to be anonymous. I don't know the numbers, but I've read more than one article on it.

This would be my biggest fear. For my sake and the kids. I wouldn't want the feeling of knowing I might have a kid somewhere I don't know about and/or am not prepared to care for. Plus, it would suck to be a kid of an anonymous donor and not know who your father is.

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought about it while I was an undergrad. I called a place and asked, and they said any genetic "defect" would be grounds for rejection as a donor, including color blindness.... no go for me.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Would one nut **** be more valued than double testied guys? I may look into this.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...Plokhov boots aren't going to pay for themselves. Might have to try this....

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine looked into it one time.

You've got to be willing to divulve detained medical records for yourself, and something about genetic illnesses or whatever. Plus your spermcount has to be way above average. So you can't just sign up and get accepted. He wasn't allowed to because he was adopted, and thus had no idea about what types of diseases his relatives have. Even then he may not have had enough swimmers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads