• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sperm banks that won't break the bank? Not home freezer option.

Shiny

Reaction score
I'm looking at a vasectomy and was thinking about going to a sperm bank to store some of my boys, just in case. I was looking at prices and they are kinda outrageous. It's like rent for a small efficiency in my town. Anybody look into this and come up with some budget options?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shiny
I'm looking at a vasectomy and was thinking about going to a sperm bank to store some of my boys, just in case. I was looking at prices and they are kinda outrageous. It's like rent for a small efficiency in my town. Anybody look into this and come up with some budget options?

Great thread. Five stars. Will read again. Including any updates.

cimabue

Reaction score
The boys have to be kept in their accustomed style so, small leather change purse buried in the permafrost somewhere?

Superfluous Man

Reaction score
Send the straws to Champion Genetics, they will store them for about $60 per year.

DULLAH

Reaction score
Do not get a vasectomy. Ever. It's not healthy long term. Just like Histerectomies. But the difference is sometimes histerectomies are needed.

TheD0n

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I'm sure that you can find someone on here that will rent out their mouth to you.

The left cheek is taken, but there's room in the right cheek.

Stylin247

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DULLAH
Do not get a vasectomy. Ever. It's not healthy long term. Just like Histerectomies. But the difference is sometimes histerectomies are needed.

x2, why the **** would you gimp yourself with a vasectomy?

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You should heed this admonition. It's always wise to take medical advice from random people who can't spell.

Shiny

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin247
x2, why the **** would you gimp yourself with a vasectomy?

Think of the movie Juno, but with older people.

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shiny
puzzled.gif
Shouldn't cost more than a couple hundred bucks for the analysis and freezing and a hundred bucks a year for storage.

Shiny

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HomerJ
puzzled.gif

Shouldn't cost more than a couple hundred bucks for the analysis and freezing and a hundred bucks a year for storage.

Where?

The internets give me prices ranging from 1K to 2K/yr.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
first off, why? i had one after three kids but the chance of a *** mix up scares the **** out of me. do you think someone who works at a sperm bank is a high enough life form not to occasionally mix up the jitt?

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Except that no organs are removed during a vasectomy.
teacha.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads