Spending $5k on suits

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Richard Pryor, Sep 1, 2010.

1. strungoutt1

strungoutt1 Active Member

He didn't say he was. He said he's a lawyer.

A Juris Doctor likewise does not make you a lawyer. He has a degree in law. He is not an attorney or a lawyer, or whatever you want to call it.

2. jamesbond

jamesbond Senior member

Great, another attorney, just what the world needs. [​IMG]

3. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

A Juris Doctor likewise does not make you a lawyer. He has a degree in law. He is not an attorney or a lawyer, or whatever you want to call it.

I disagree. But back to our regular programing.

4. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

I highly recommend going to Mariano Rubinacci for suits. His store is called London House.

The suits are universally accepted and beyond reproach of any kind, especially on this forum, which has the harshest critics of any kind.

That would be money well spent, represent excellent value, and should last you a lifetime and give you much joy and flair and daily style.

Good luck with the law profession.

5. gamma1234

gamma1234 Senior member

Either you are studying for the bar really early or you don't yet realize you missed the exam (the bar exam is only offered in July and February in the U.S.). Best of luck either way - I just sat for the bar so I feel your pain.

6. hermes man

hermes man Senior member

you are going to be a lawyer you have to impress the judges by standing out..

to stand out u need more fashion forward suits like from prada,gucci or armani

7. LRMD

LRMD Well-Known Member

Seems pretty simple. Buy one suit. Wear it. If you like it, then buy four more.

8. Richard Pryor

Richard Pryor Senior member

chaisingred: thx for the advice and time. This board goes way off topic and threads in the 15 page range are not unusual. For someone like me (no time to waste at the moment) I can't afford it. I think I will take it slow and read a little once I'm done with the bar. Still, I feel this place is not the best to learn. Unless you got tons of time to waste. Search function is useless with so much information.

vox: ty for the link. Spent 30 minutes of my precious time to read one useful post. 12 pages of bashing the guy, then one guy comes up with some useful advice.

9. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

vox: ty for the link. Spent 30 minutes of my precious time to read one useful post. 12 pages of bashing the guy, then one guy comes up with some useful advice.

Get ready for deja vu.

10. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

11. A Guy from Shanghai

A Guy from Shanghai Senior member

What a poor guy (or a poor lawyer)!
    Doesn't have time to do his own research [​IMG]
    Try to find a quick way around by starting his own thread [​IMG]
    Now he has to read all the sh*t in this thread[​IMG]
    Yet, in the end he still won't have a clue. [​IMG]

12. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

You're very welcome.

You're a very thorough lawyer if you take 30 minutes to read 12 StyleForvm pages.

- B

13. Richard Pryor

Richard Pryor Senior member

Damn, I lost everything else I wrote after the end quote.

Started something like this:

idiot.

Then I started talking about Michael Douglas and how you're here today and tomorrow you're gone. ALso said I'm a man of good taste. I know a good thing when I see one. Art, shoes, clothes, women.

I also wrote that if you're willing to spend 5 hours researching to save $100 then you're not on the same age as I am. Life is short. I don't have a wife, no mortgage, no GF, no kids. Just became a lawyer. Have a couple of grand to spend on my wardrobe. Why not? I feel great when I shop!

But I am with you, I need to be more informed before making any decisions. So I guess I will wait 2 more weeks until I'm done with the bar (not in US) and start reading this forum.

14. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

What a poor guy (or a poor lawyer)!
    Doesn't have time to do his own research [​IMG]
    Try to find a quick way around by starting his own thread [​IMG]
    Now he has to read all the sh*t in this thread[​IMG]
    Yet, in the end he still won't have a clue. [​IMG]

You're like the Dylan Thomas of teh StyleForvm.

- B

15. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

Damn, I lost everything else I wrote after the end quote.

Started something like this:

idiot.

Then I started talking about Michael Douglas and how you're here today and tomorrow you're gone. ALso said I'm a man of good taste. I know a good thing when I see one. Art, shoes, clothes, women.

I also wrote that if you're willing to spend 5 hours researching to save $100 then you're not on the same age as I am. Life is short. I don't have a wife, no mortgage, no GF, no kids. Just became a lawyer. Have a couple of grand to spend on my wardrobe. Why not? I feel great when I shop!

But I am with you, I need to be more informed before making any decisions. So I guess I will wait 2 more weeks until I'm done with the bar (not in US) and start reading this forum.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Forgot to ask, you don't have a job lined up either, right?