Spencer Hart

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by agrant, Jan 13, 2008.

1. agrant

agrant Member

2. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

Trendy, fairly expensive, pseudo-minimalist designs by Nick Hart, who was a menswear designer at Chester Barrie and Timothy Everest. Not sure if the bespoke is true bespoke or made to measure. Was big into things like tiny shirt collars and narrow lapels along with Converse all-stars. Almost all shirts in the shop were white, almost all suits were black, that kind of thing.

Are you planning simply to buy some off the rack stuff, or are you actually planning to have stuff made there?

3. agrant

agrant Member

Am going to have it made/bespoke. Will visit them tomorrow after meetings in the area to see what they have to say. I'm good with white shirts but not liking the small collars that are the current catwalk fashion (dont like how they expose the tie so much). A good semi cut collar with a small tie-knot is what attracted me to this tailor. Also, I am slim so 1 or 2 button suits are good for me.

4. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

My fave shop I saw on the Row. Odd store layout, like a U-shaped hallway....def has a modern minimalist feel in his cut as well as storefront. IIRC, his pricing and Boateng's were the highest on the Row for bespoke.

5. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

For about one tenth Spencer's pricing I'd go with Thick as Thieves.

6. AnGeLiCbOrIs

AnGeLiCbOrIs Affiliate Vendor

My local Marshalls had a Spencer Hart tux for $700 on clearance. The $5000 tag from Barney's or NM was still attached. Looked really nice to me.

7. yfyf

yfyf Affiliate vendor Affiliate Vendor

Their regular Italian spread collar is the best collar of any shirt I own. Their club collar is also very well executed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Suit and tie are SH.

If your body fits their block, their RTW is on par with their MTM. Much as I love them, if you are going to go bespoke, go to one of the true old-school bespoke makers on the Row.

8. Coho

Coho Senior member

Wow. That one button is drop dead gorgeous. I also like the vintage Ingy. A nice touch.

9. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

can anyone comment on the quality of spencer hart? I picked up this overcoat http://www.mrporter.com/product/311224 for 50% off at Mr. Porter recently. It fits really well and looks great. I just want to make sure the quality is worthwhile, as I have no experience with the brand. How does it measure up to Burberry?

Thanks