• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spectre Clothing

Dandy Wonka

Reaction score
I went to see Spectre last night and, of course, was more interested in the fashion on show than the movie itself.

I liked a lot of the clothing, including of the support actors.

Daniel Craig looked great as usual. But I was disturbed at one stage to see pretty savage collar gap when he had an overcoat on. Very poor actually.I would have returned the coat. Also, at one stage he was wearing his tie with the end about six inches above his belt (I assume this is some new fad that won't catch on - like Donald Trump's too long tie).

Here's a list of some of the items:

http://jamesbondlifestyle.com/tags/products-spectre

The movie? Meh..

Last edited:

pravda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see what you mean. I also noticed his shoes and belt did not match. Maybe this 007 isn't supposed to be too perfect

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I def didn't notice the mismatched belt shoes but....wow the clothes are great in this one!
Has anyone seen USA businesses offering the Spectre shirts, ties, etc? Harrods and definitely Selfridges have an amazing selection for the Brits, but I can't find any of the stuff here in USA to place an order online-- Mr Porter is worthless on this one, they only have the white dinner jacket. Bergdorf informed me they have almost nothing

Look what this dude got....jeez wish I had his life!

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw the Tom Ford dinner jacket in a Tom Ford store in Las Vegas several weeks ago. I wouldn't recommend it. It's a wool-blend jacket that did't look as good on me as it did in the window (not a terribly unusual occurrence, I'm just sayin').

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yep, agree-- the tailored clothing is prob not for me, but would really like to find the turnback / cocktail cuff shirts, etc.

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think he's looked like *********** last couple of movies. His clothes are at least one size too small and look ridiculous.

Last edited:

Dandy Wonka

Reaction score

I think he's looked like *********** last couple of movies. His clothes are at least one size too small and look ridiculous.

They are certainly tight. I am surprised he doesn't split his pans with some of the moves.

papa kot

Reaction score

The movie has become an expensive ad for the masses. I am sorry, but I burst in laughter when I see people trying to imitate "Bond style" or whatever the **** that is. With the last Bond, turtlenecks and Nato straps have just met their end. To the producers--would you please make Bond wear Crocs in the next installment. I wish you could squeeze him into yoga pants, but that would be too much.

Last edited:

Liber

Reaction score
The Tom Ford boutique in Paris had most of the offerings, picked up the steel blue grey tie from the film there.

Last edited:

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Tom Ford boutique in Paris had most of the offerings, picked up the steel blue grey tie from the film there.

Yo Liber, how was your trip? Trust that you were not in the thick of things....

Liber

Reaction score
Yo Liber, how was your trip? Trust that you were not in the thick of things....
It was great thanks, had a wonderful time, such a beautiful city. Weather was perfect considering the time of the year. Proposed to my girlfriend and she said yes! We arrived back home on the Thursday before the attacks; couldn't believe the horror unfolding in the news on Saturday morning, a sad day for France and for humanity.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads