Spectre Clothing

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Dandy Wonka, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Dandy Wonka

Dandy Wonka Senior member

I went to see Spectre last night and, of course, was more interested in the fashion on show than the movie itself.

I liked a lot of the clothing, including of the support actors.

Daniel Craig looked great as usual. But I was disturbed at one stage to see pretty savage collar gap when he had an overcoat on. Very poor actually.I would have returned the coat. Also, at one stage he was wearing his tie with the end about six inches above his belt (I assume this is some new fad that won't catch on - like Donald Trump's too long tie).

Here's a list of some of the items:

http://jamesbondlifestyle.com/tags/products-spectre

The movie? Meh..

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015

2. pravda

pravda Senior member

I see what you mean. I also noticed his shoes and belt did not match. Maybe this 007 isn't supposed to be too perfect

3. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

I def didn't notice the mismatched belt shoes but....wow the clothes are great in this one!
    Has anyone seen USA businesses offering the Spectre shirts, ties, etc? Harrods and definitely Selfridges have an amazing selection for the Brits, but I can't find any of the stuff here in USA to place an order online-- Mr Porter is worthless on this one, they only have the white dinner jacket. Bergdorf informed me they have almost nothing

Look what this dude got....jeez wish I had his life!
    [​IMG]

4. Andy57

Andy57 Senior member

I saw the Tom Ford dinner jacket in a Tom Ford store in Las Vegas several weeks ago. I wouldn't recommend it. It's a wool-blend jacket that did't look as good on me as it did in the window (not a terribly unusual occurrence, I'm just sayin').

5. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

yep, agree-- the tailored clothing is prob not for me, but would really like to find the turnback / cocktail cuff shirts, etc.

6. Dandy Wonka

7. coolpapa

coolpapa Senior member

I think he's looked like shit in the last couple of movies. His clothes are at least one size too small and look ridiculous.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015

8. Dandy Wonka

They are certainly tight. I am surprised he doesn't split his pans with some of the moves.

9. papa kot

papa kot Senior member

The movie has become an expensive ad for the masses. I am sorry, but I burst in laughter when I see people trying to imitate "Bond style" or whatever the fuck that is. With the last Bond, turtlenecks and Nato straps have just met their end. To the producers--would you please make Bond wear Crocs in the next installment. I wish you could squeeze him into yoga pants, but that would be too much.

10. Liber

Liber Senior member

The Tom Ford boutique in Paris had most of the offerings, picked up the steel blue grey tie from the film there.

11. Petepan

Petepan Senior member

Yo Liber, how was your trip? Trust that you were not in the thick of things....

12. Liber

Liber Senior member

It was great thanks, had a wonderful time, such a beautiful city. Weather was perfect considering the time of the year. Proposed to my girlfriend and she said yes! We arrived back home on the Thursday before the attacks; couldn't believe the horror unfolding in the news on Saturday morning, a sad day for France and for humanity.

13. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Senior member

movie was really bad, but honestly, the entire bond series has always been farcical shit

[​IMG]