1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Spectator shoes.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jun 11, 2007.

1. knittieguy

knittieguy Senior member

2. j

j Senior member Admin

How do you look this stuff up? Might have to make a webapp so all this stuff can be archived.
    I searched Google for ' crockett "297 last" ' and ' crockett "last 297" ' and found results on Pediwear and here, IIRC.

3. Buickguy

Buickguy Senior member

I have a pair of the AE Ramsey spectators that I love.

4. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

I have the A-E Belmont in brown & white and black & white. Not the classiest spectators in the world--the white part is plain leather, not suede or buck--but they only cost me $79 a pair at the outlet. I wear them about eight days a year in the summer and early fall. I'd wear them more often, probably, but my wife loathes them, so I don't wear them when I am out and about with her.

5. dave

dave Senior member

I'm actually wearing a pair of black and white peal spectators today. I love em. i'm hoping the canvas and leather BB double monks go on clearance sale soon so i can get a pair of those too. [​IMG]

6. pemazel

pemazel Active Member

7. Jared

Jared Senior member

The few I've seen go by on eBay tend to go for higher than average prices, so somebody's buying them... What I don't get is why most wingtip spectators are balmorals considering they seem more casual than single-tone shoes? [​IMG]

8. bigbris1

bigbris1 Senior member

9. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Senior member

i have brown leather/suede ones from Barker Black. I like them. i dont like contrastic spectators. The same color suede on these makes them less spectatorish I guess..

10. Francisco D'Anconia

Francisco D'Anconia Senior member

I purchased a pair of factroy second AE McClain Borubon/Bone spectators at the Port Washington Tent Sale this past Friday. I thought the price of $195 pretty competitive.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. bigbris1

bigbris1 Senior member

I think the styling of the McClain works more in the spectator model-looks good. Like Vanilla fudge swirl ice cream.

12. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I'm of the opinion that spectators look better underneath drainpipe or full-cut straight leg trousers.

13. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'm of the opinion that spectators look better underneath drainpipe or full-cut straight leg trousers.

i agree with you on this i have been temped to get the Gucci ones from this summers collection for this very reason!

14. luk-cha

15. tutee

tutee Senior member Dubiously Honored

http://www.sinner.jp/sample/bespoke-..._26/index.html

these spec's are quite nice!![​IMG]

Often I find that Japanese or French customers get carried away when ordering custom shoes but I must confess these are Stunning to say the least. I have almost never (if even once) seen them done like this seamless manner, which makes them even more "summery" or desirable. This shoe in white & brown or ivory & brown combination would be a genuine eye candy. This won't be nearly as unique if executed in usual calf suede combo. Part of its charm is that it is all suede or fuzz.

It is such a simple design (cap-toe) but no one ever makes two-tones this way. All of them are wingtips or some other bastardization of classic cap toe design.

Kindly provide all info as to who made these shoes and have you ever seen this done in MTM type of a program... or know of a manufacturer than can?

very unusual... very unique & certainly appealing to my eye.

thanks for sharing
    regards
    tutee

16. ABALO

ABALO Senior member

Often I find that Japanese or French customers get carried away when ordering custom shoes but I must confess these are Stunning to say the least. I have almost never (if even once) seen them done like this seamless manner, which makes them even more "summery" or desirable. This shoe in white & brown or ivory & brown combination would be a genuine eye candy. This won't be nearly as unique if executed in usual calf suede combo. Part of its charm is that it is all suede or fuzz.

It is such a simple design (cap-toe) but no one ever makes two-tones this way. All of them are wingtips or some other bastardization of classic cap toe design.

Kindly provide all info as to who made these shoes and have you ever seen this done in MTM type of a program... or know of a manufacturer than can?

thanks for sharing
    regards
    tutee

In love ???

[​IMG]

17. luk-cha

thanks for sharing
    regards
    tutee

the shoe are made from the people that have the webisite which i got from centepede one time so i am sure a lot more info could come from him!

as to who could make then i guess bespoke anyone can and will on a made to order perhaps EG, Vass, maybe even G&G i guess it just depend on how flexable they want to to be!

here is the website run thru' google
    http://translate.google.com/translat...language_tools

which does not give much more info but makes thing a little clearer

regards

LC

18. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

19. mr monty

mr monty Senior member

20. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member