1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

SPECTACULAR Vintage Pumpkin Orange Two-Button Sack Jacket! FREE SHIPPING & OFFERS WELCOME!

Discussion in '2011-2017 Classic Menswear' started by tweedydon, Oct 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tweedydon

tweedydon Senior member

This is a beautiful jacket by F.W. Donnelly of Trenton; I've outlined some of the history of this classic upscale men's clothiers on my Facebook Page, WaterhollowTweed!

This wonderful jacket shows exactly why its clothing was so sought after!

Cut from lovely mid-weight hopsack, the first and most obvious characteristic of this jacket is its colour--an absolutely BEAUTIFUL pumpkin orange! My pictures really don't do the beauty of this jacket justice at all--it's absolutely stunning. Moreover, given that this Page is focused on Ivy Style, I should note that given the proximity of Trenton to Princeton this jacket was almost certainly intended by Donnelly's to be sold to a Princeton alum. to wear at his Reunions..... Similar jackets about on Nassau Street and in Palmer Square on Princeton's older alumni during the annual Reunion Weekend.

The cut of this jacket does full justice to its spectacular colouring. A classic two button sack--a cut that is considerably rarer than the already rare 3/2 sack jacket--this features flapped pockets and two button cuffs. It is fully canvassed, and half-lined. It features twin vents and two button cuffs. It has lovely natural shoulders and classically narrow 1950s-1960s lapels. It was, of course, Union made in the USA in the early 1960s. Despite its age, this wonderful jacket is in absolutely excellent condition--although since it has been stored, unworn, for at last 15 years (I have partial provenance!) it could use a dry clean to freshen it up.

If this jacket is your size, don't hesitate--you're unlikely ever to see anything else like this, and almost certainly not in this condition!

Asking just $45, boxed and shipped in the USA.

Measurements:

Chest: 21 1/4"
    Sleeve: 26 (+1 3/4")
    Shoulder: 18 1/4
    Length: 30 1/4

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  2. tweedydon

tweedydon Senior member

Thread Status: