1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Specific items I'll be buying for FW12

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Sep 1, 2012.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

This year is really a consolidation year. I have a lot of stuff, but could use a piece here and there to either replace or complement the what I already have. So, here is my list:

1) Either a jacket from N. Hoolywood (I kick myself for not picking up their 2012 version of a shawl collared jacket) or the Stevenson Co. Booster jacket:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=92&products_id=820
    [​IMG]

There is one left in my size at Self Edge, and if someone buys in from under me (I am a few shekels shorts since I just completely remodeled my bathroom - which is pretty sweet - custom molded concrete showers and sinks, bamboo flooring, glass block window, etc...) I am not exaggerating that I will track them down and ream them with a bat.

2) Martin Margiela ring belt in dove grey leather/blue suede - one of my favorite belt styles, in two of my favorite colors - matches pretty much everything in my wardrobe - and is easy to put on and take off at the airport:

http://www.oki-ni.com/icat/accessories/maison-martin-margiela-11-mens-contrast-belt/invt/mm1344gry

Plus, it will match with the new Carmina slate grey chukkas with a medallion, a brown welt and a natural crepe sole, which should be here soon.

3) My MTO Carmina slate grey grey Chukkas with a medallion and a crepe sole - so stoked to see those.

4) To be boring, I'll probably need a new S.N.S. Herning Stark, as a piece of outerwear/layering piece for really cold days. I haven't seen the new lineup of colors, but I'm tending towards a black melange or an olive - something boring like that.

5) Running through airports, you want a bag that sits close to your shoulders (like a backpack), and yet is easily accessible (like a messenger or briefcase). I regret not having stolen this from The samples the News sent us for the SS lookbook photoshoot, but Master Piece does a similar piece every season. I'll see what they come up with for FW:

http://www.master-piece.co.jp/products/12392
    [​IMG]

What I like about Master Piece is that the bags are performance oriented, but are not overly techy looking, and look good with stuff other than a goretex shell.

6) Wings+Horns quilted shirt jacket - This type of jacket is again, great for travelling - you are not really going to go wrong with it, either as layering piece under something heavier, if you are in Toronto, or as a piece in the airport or in say, 50 degree weather.

http://shop.wingsandhorns.com/collections/outerwear/products/quilted-shirt-charcoal
    [​IMG]

7) Probably some more Buttero high tops.

You can see that my wardrobe is built around casual things that wear easily and travel well. I always had this idea that the best way to dress and carry was that you could pick up and move in 30 seconds, to pretty much any climate, at any time. My wife is not such a fan of this, but old habits die slow.

2. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

3. 1) Robert Geller Dip Dye, which I already ordered.

2) Another winter jacket? Might be a ToJ Fishtail, but I already have two winter jackets so I think that it might be a tad redundant.

3) Loopwheel sweatshirt. Maybe a Buzz Rickson or another Strike Gold one, but sized up.

4) Black side zips. I'll search for prospective candidates when I actually get the cash.

1 person likes this.
  4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I like those choices. My only question is for Smashwindow. Are you sure that this:

[​IMG]

Will impress the bitches sufficiently?

1 person likes this.
  5. smashwindow

^[​IMG]
    the bitches will be all over it.

(I'll never live that down, even though drew eventually ended up doing exactly what I suggested.)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  6. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

I really wanted to get this coat by Kazuyuki Kumagai Attachment, but I think I will have to pass on it -- it's a two-ply wool cashmere, but a totally unlined coat will not get me far in Québec ...

[​IMG]

I don't think I'll find a coat I like as much as this style though, so I will probably just skip buying a new coat this year.

I have these pre-order items which will be arriving this month.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Other things I'm looking at:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. elephantstone

elephantstone Active Member

1. Ann D cropped trouser, my number 1 to get item this season

[​IMG]

2. Ann D dip dye knit
    [​IMG]

3. Junya Denim Shirt
    [​IMG]

These 3 pieces are probably the only items I will get. Might kop more since there's nothing I want from Ann D's horrendous SS13 show.[​IMG]

4. Yohji plaid coat
    [​IMG]

Really want this but shyt is too expensive outside of Japan

5. Sacai Knit hybrid blazer
    [​IMG]

8. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Great looking bag, though I'm guessing quite expensive. Looks tough to find too. Love bags though and they're pieces that will last forever. I have too many already though.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  9. Zeemon

Zeemon Senior member

1-2 COS t-shirts (plain, dip-dye)
    1 COS button-up (white)
    Adam Kimmel Ufo t-shirt
    Kenzo vsicose trousers
    maybe COS wool hooded jacket
    maybe balenciaga clear sole low tops
    maybe Raf velcro highs SS2012, Raf SS2012 Waffle knit in blue or green and SS2012 Ann D lucian longsleeve if they show up on ebay/yoox/b&s

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  10. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Yes, that's it. If you'd like to purchase it, please PM me and I will advise you on stockists. However, it's more of a cardigan than a coat, really. There's no lining, not a lot of finished seams, and no synthetic blended in to protect against water. If it snows or rains while wearing this, you are pretty much doomed. That said, it's still very cool haha.

11. Richmondfrank

Richmondfrank Active Member

[​IMG]

RO padded bomber

[​IMG]

Ute Ploier Ocean Check sweater

My only real priorities for the season; there are a couple of things I want from Siki Im, but probably only if they hit the sales.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  12. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

probably won't end up buying most of it, but these are things i'd like.

jacket (already bought)
    [​IMG]

button shawl
    [​IMG]

pants
    [​IMG]

bootz
    [​IMG]

13. smashwindow

Great thread, more people post. I've made a promise to myself I'm only allowed to buy these items that I've decided on and 1 other of my choosing. So far TOJ and schneider.