specific EG size question

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by zjpj83, Dec 9, 2004.

1. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Hi all. I tend to be either an 8 or 8.5 US. The vast majority of my shoes are 8.5D. I do, however, wear size 8s in Grenson. The size 8Ds are a bit too narrow on the loafers, but fine in lace ups. And I have 8E boots that fit well. So, the question is, what about the RLPL EGs?
    Should I get size 8 or 8.5 in the RLPL slippers.
    Saying they are "true to size" won't help much, becuase I can be either size....
    Maybe better to be too big than too small? B.c. of my Grenson fit, I am inclined to go for the 8s, becasue they too are English shoes. Then again, the loafers were a bit snug becasue of the narrower last, and the RLPL slippers are also clearly on a loafer-style last...

Help appreciated.

2. Kaga

Kaga Senior member

Which means they will stretch. Especially if you tree them, which you can do if they're too small. If they're too big they'll only get bigger. I would go with a snug fit and choose the smaller size.

3. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

I think this is the conclusion I have drawn too.

It's funny, I've been literally all over the place over the years in my shoe size. I wore 9s for the longest time, partly because I liked loose fitting shoes and partly because of width issues. I now realize how gigantic they really were on me. The fact is I think I'm probably an 8E. Because most shoes just come in D width, I can pretty much get by with a good deal of comfort with 8.5D. Thankfully, I think I am finally figuring out my proper size.

I think I will buy the 8s.