• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Speaking of Kiton shoes...

tdial

Reaction score
I was looking on Kiton's website (which they have redone since the last time I was on it) a few minutes ago, and took a look at their shoe collection. Holy cow. What gorgeous shoes. If you are a shoe person, check them out. I haven't taken Italian shoes very seriously, because I found most of the best makers/brands to be overly designed, but Kiton's collection is simply stunning. Great studio shots, too. Still doesn't change the fact that they are likely too expensive, but lovely to look at. http://www.kiton.it/kiting/indexg.htm

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, they are indeed very nice. Styling isn't overdone, but I think that the antiquing at least is pretty flashy. Many of the shoes almost have a petrified wood type quality, if that makes sense. I don't mean to hijack
smile.gif
, but the Kiton site period is very cool. But have you ever seen a site with a bigger difference between the attractiveness of the male and female models? I mean, the Kiton female model is GORGEOUS; as for the male model, it took me at least a few minutes to realize he wasn't a mannequin. He looks made of plastic.

tdial

Reaction score
Yes, they are indeed very nice. Â Styling isn't overdone, but I think that the antiquing at least is pretty flashy. Â Many of the shoes almost have a petrified wood type quality, if that makes sense. I don't mean to hijack
smile.gif
, but the Kiton site period is very cool. Â But have you ever seen a site with a bigger difference between the attractiveness of the male and female models? Â I mean, the Kiton female model is GORGEOUS; as for the male model, it took me at least a few minutes to realize he wasn't a mannequin. He looks made of plastic.
Ha, was thinking the same thing (and does it mean that I'm way too into clothes when I don't even notice what the female models are wearing of what they look like?). The male model looks like a skinnier, more wooden Chris Noth.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good call with Chris Noth. What is up with the guy's complexion? He looks like he's been embalmed. I clicked on the women's clothes just to see what their female model looks like. You should check it out.
smile.gif

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My personal opinion:
their antiquing is excessive to the point that it doesn't look good
their toes are in general too pointy

obviously just my personal taste

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will also add that I think the suits look terrible on the male model. The sleeves are far to short, showing almost the entire sleeve cuff. The silhouette looks incredibly unflattering on his body. His poses are horrible.
Come on kiton

I agree, the women's line looks great.

marc37

Reaction score
[When you go into the mens suits], look at the forth picture of the orange overcoat - look at the lapels, they are pathetic, it just doesn't sit right. the overcoat looses it's shape.

The pic's of the male model aren't flattering.

l love the shoes. My type of shoes - heavily antiqued.

bryce330

Reaction score
Both the male and female model shots are very amateurish - they look like they were taken in somebody's living room.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree with bryce330 about the models. Love the shoes, though. I can sense that haunting the forum is going to get expensive...

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forgot to ask, does Kiton make the shoes themselves? If not, who makes them for Kiton?

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe they make them inhouse. They hired away some cobblers from Lattanzi perhaps. Look on the Kiton website for some video of the shoemaking -- I think they still have it up there. It shows them in the Kiton factory.

naturlaut

Reaction score
Those are absolutely horrid modelling right there. If they weren't on the Kiton website, I wouldn't recognize them as Kiton. It looks like they pick the wrong size jackets half the time.

Kiton houses eight shoemakers working at the basement of the Napoli factory. When the Paris store opened (years ago), Kiton used to carry Lattanzi shoes (in Kiton label). I don't think those eight men are 'stolen' from Lattanzi, as the shoes don't resemble the Lattanzi look in shape or finish.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads