1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Speaking of jantzen

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by imageWIS, Jun 10, 2004.

1. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I just emailed them to receive fabric samples. How hard is it for them to send me samples? When I requested samples from T&A, I received about 110 different shirting samples which, made it very easy for me to choose exactly what I wanted.

Has anyone ever received samples from Ricky? Has anyone tried to get samples, but were unsuccessful?

Jon.

2. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

I've only received fabric samples along with an order that I've already placed. I can't really picture him sending out fabric samples alone, though you won't know till you ask.

3. Bic Pentameter

Bic Pentameter Senior member

I think I may have ordered 25 or so shirts from JT.  Two or three trial shirts, then two or three batches of 8-10 each.

I once asked for fabric samples, but got no response.  I imagine if you had given them quite a bit of business and pestered them, you would get some samples.
    Particularly with a previous reference to a linen shirt, it would be nice to see some of the other fabrics.  On the other hand, if everyone on the board got a book of swatches, there might not be enough to make one of us a shirt.

Bic

4. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

If they want, they can send me the book of swatches, keep my CC on record and if I don't return the swatches on a timely basis, say 2 weeks, they can charge my CC.

That sounds fair, right?

Jon.

5. aybojs

aybojs Senior member

I have two bags full of swatches I got around last summer; the first I explicitly asked for, the second came unsolicited with my second order. About a month ago someone here sent me a private message (I forget who since I tend to clear my messages here frequently) offering to pay shipping if I could loan him a set of samples for some period of time. I was at school and didn't have access to them back then, but now that I'm home I can do it. So if whoever PM'd me and anyone else on this board are still interested, I'd be happy to throw out a set of samples for the community, since it seems like getting Jantzen swatches has become harder lately.

6. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

If you don't get a reply, can you lend them to me for about a week? I will pay for the shipping.

Thanks.

Jon.