• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spartacus: Gods of the Arena

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought it was entertaining. It's somewhat refreshing to see how it all began. I kind of wish it would go longer than six episodes.

magogian12345

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
I thought it was entertaining. It's somewhat refreshing to see how it all began. I kind of wish it would go longer than six episodes.

It was funny how relatively "nice" Batiatus and Lucretia were portrayed as. I suspect that beat down Batiatus suffered will be the catalyst for turning him into the a-hole he is in Blood and Sand.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He didn't seem all that different to me. I think he's always been a conniving asshole with occasional bouts of niceness. Don't get me wrong. I predict the beat down is going to push him over the top but I believe they've kept his character relatively consistent.

The thing that did surprise me was the genuine camaraderie between Batiatus and "good" Solonius. Was there ever any mention of their closeness back in Season 1? Regardless, it was interesting to see them work together as opposed to plotting against one another.

And lastly, all the new females look good but I've yet to see one as hot as Ilythia.

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen either of the seasons yet. Would it be recommended to wait until the rest of the Gods of the Arena episodes are released and watch those first or just go ahead and watch Blood and Sand?

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It took less than 5 minutes to remind me how awesome Spartacus was/is.

Gannicus is a ******* boss.

I also love that Lila from Dexter Season 2 is in it. I missed those ****.

Hannerhan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
It took less than 5 minutes to remind me how awesome Spartacus was/is.

Gannicus is a ******* boss.

I also love that Lila from Dexter Season 2 is in it. I missed those ****.

Agree...I thought it was going to be lame with Spartacus out, but I was sucked back in immediately. It still doesn't compare to Rome if you ask me, but definitely worth watching.

aphextwin07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hannerhan
Agree...I thought it was going to be lame with Spartacus out, but I was sucked back in immediately.

why would you think that? he was the least interesting character in the entire cast. sure it sucks that he won't be around for the sequel to B&S but the show will be fine without him. I'm sure Crixus can carry the lead pretty well in this prequel which is what it looks like will happen, and he was one of the most enjoyable to watch in B&S. and yeah seeing Lila was a pleasant surprise too.

Hannerhan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aphextwin07
why would you think that? he was the least interesting character in the entire cast. sure it sucks that he won't be around for the sequel to B&S but the show will be fine without him. I'm sure Crixus can carry the lead pretty well in this prequel which is what it looks like will happen, and he was one of the most enjoyable to watch in B&S. and yeah seeing Lila was a pleasant surprise too.

Yep, Crixus is one of the big reasons I got sucked back in so quickly. And I'd disagree with the assertion that Spartacus was the least interesting character in B&S. It's not like he was particularly dynamic, but let's face it...we all knew where the story was heading and he's the guy that was going to make it happen. So the thought of a prequel just didn't excite me at first.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by magogian12345
Did anyone watch the first episode? I liked it.

+1 and the second episode was also good
worship.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads